Notices
GPS & Geocaching If you're looking for information regarding GPS or are interested in Geocaching, this is the forum for you.

Jeepn' Geocachers!!!

Old 12-31-2007, 05:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

me and the wife just signed up. We found a couple around town that didn't require a GPS but we are soon to buy one we just don't know what kind to buy any suggestions? we dont need anything fancy just enough to do the job.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've been doing it a couple of years. Been to a lot of cool places that we would have never known about otherwise. (T&J+AJT on GC.com...mine, the wife's, and our 3 kids first initials)
Old 01-01-2008, 12:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by davebloomer
me and the wife just signed up. We found a couple around town that didn't require a GPS but we are soon to buy one we just don't know what kind to buy any suggestions? we dont need anything fancy just enough to do the job.
Just about anything will do these days. I have a Sport Trax I use. Kill two birds with one stone and get a programmable portable nav unit for the Jeep. I just picked up a Mio 230 from Radio Shack for $150 on sale. Programmable and portable too!

Here are a few pics from today's adventure.

Geoduck Sam from behind a boulder at the Nehalem Quarry View cache.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0113 - Copy.JPG
Views:	596
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	5086

Geoduck Max smiling after a "non-find"

Name:	IMG_0117 - Copy.JPG
Views:	583
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	5087

Snapping a quick pic with my father-in-law in the passenger seat. First time cacher today!

Name:	IMG_0119 - Copy.JPG
Views:	575
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	5088
Old 01-02-2008, 10:38 AM
JK Newbie

I signed up a few weeks ago. The mid-atlantic area here on the East Coast is rich with caches, though that's not to say other parts of the states don't have their fair share. I got my fiancee into caching just this past weekend. For the previous couple weeks of doing it on my own, she thought it was a little weird. That was, until she found her first cache on Saturday. Sunday morning she asked, "Are we going to hit a couple caches today?"

And I got my brother and 2 co-workers hooked, too.

And yep, you guessed it, I'm "castle228" on geocaching.com.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Well I guess I'll 'fess up since ctimrun outed me in another thread

My husband thinks this is the ultimate in geekiness, but he has to admit that I've taken him to some really cool places that I only knew about because a geocache was hidden there. The jeep has really helped going after some of the tougher terrain ratings...I'm on a quest to fill in my D/T matrix, and looking for a 5/5!
Old 01-06-2008, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by OffTopic
Well I guess I'll 'fess up since ctimrun outed me in another thread
So...you're a gay Geocacher? Did I misread that? Not that there is anything wrong with that...
Old 01-06-2008, 07:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rugbyduck
So...you're a gay Geocacher? Did I misread that? Not that there is anything wrong with that...
Man am I really getting slammed around here lately. I can assure you Rubgyduck that I am not gay (unless you mean happy). Not that there's anything wrong with that...

By "outed" I meant that my husband thinks geocaching is only for geeks and he doesn't like me to publicly admit that I know anything about it (He says he thought he married the "cool chick" and found out that I'm a closet geek ). However, ctimrun already posted embarrassing pics in another thread of the lengths I'll go to to find a cache when I fell down a steep cliff and they had to use a tow rope to haul me back up because it was too steep to climb.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:17 AM
JK Newbie

Was out caching with my fiancee, a couple of her girlfriends and my older brother when I discovered my first Jeep Travel Bug. Very cool!!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 10:29 AM
JK Freak

My wife and I just started 3 days ago.

Found 3 so far.. 2 close by and one an hour away.

Name is the same.. Laughingstok

Wife is: pixycaching
Old 02-20-2008, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

My geocaching name is "instantclogger", same as on this forum. My husband and I started caching last June. We love it and are so addicted!
I had run across the term "geocaching" after getting a gps receiver for my pocket pc and decided to look it up. That was all it took. I was hooked before we even found any. We just got our 300th find a couple weekends ago. We have hidden 20 and are about to hide one that would require some offroading to get to it.

Quick Reply: Jeepn' Geocachers!!!