Notices
Hunting & Firearms General discussion forum regarding hunting, rifles and handguns.
View Poll Results: Do you have a CCW?
Yes
77.62%
no
9.32%
cant get one in the state I live in
9.56%
im too young but will get one when im of age
3.50%
Voters: 429. You may not vote on this poll

Do you have your CCW?

Old 03-19-2010, 02:36 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hayden911
I understood it. It had everything to do with the question.
I thought the question asked, if you had one or not.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

To answer the op's question. Yes I carry everyday. Why? Because a person has the right to defend themselves. Its in the bible. I choose to carry a firearm because its better than a knife (which I also carry). There are too many crazy people out there to not have a means of defense.even if its a can of pepper spray. Its better than nothing at all.
Originally Posted by Robar
What's that supposed to mean? That's not even related to the question.
As for the quotes. There is an article on the net about sheep, wolves, and sheep dogs. The sheep are the ones who walk around with "the wool over there eyes." thinking nothings going to happen. The wolves which are out to hurt the sheep. And the sheep dogs (the ccw holders). We are there to protect the herd when the police aren't there to. It kinds does answer the question but you have to read the article to understand. I do recommend it even if you don't think you need a means of protection. It may change your views.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:29 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by abock33
To answer the op's question. Yes I carry everyday. Why? Because a person has the right to defend themselves. Its in the bible. I choose to carry a firearm because its better than a knife (which I also carry). There are too many crazy people out there to not have a means of defense.even if its a can of pepper spray. Its better than nothing at all. As for the quotes. There is an article on the net about sheep, wolves, and sheep dogs. The sheep are the ones who walk around with "the wool over there eyes." thinking nothings going to happen. The wolves which are out to hurt the sheep. And the sheep dogs (the ccw holders). We are there to protect the herd when the police aren't there to. It kinds does answer the question but you have to read the article to understand. I do recommend it even if you don't think you need a means of protection. It may change your views.
Good read. http://www.mwkworks.com/onsheepwolvesandsheepdogs.html I had not read that before. I met Dave Grossman at a seminar I attended not too long after he wrote "On Killing." He is a very smart and personable guy. The Ft. Worth church shooting that occurred in 1999, that he mentioned in the article, I am also familiar with. I was at a TTPOA SWAT competition in Abilene, Tx, when that occurred and as fate had it, my SWAT sergeant's niece was one of the fatally wounded victims of that incident. I still remember how he looked, when he was telling us what had happened and that he was leaving for his brother's house, as soon as he got his stuff bagged up.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

i'm from Jersey. nuff' said. :[
Old 03-20-2010, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Benjamin Franklin wrote "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " Now here is a man who understood personal responsibility. If only everyone had this same opinion instead of relying on the government to "save" them, we would all be safer.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

Heck of an article...Thinking that a "Sheepdog" bumper sticker would be pretty good conversation peace (pun intended).
Old 03-21-2010, 07:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Yes, I have mine and I carry daily. I am not paranoid or anything, but I refuse to be a victim. I value the safety of my family above all else, and will do what I need to do, to protect them. As a law abiding citizen of this great nation I also feel that it is a duty. I have alot more I can say about how I feel on this subject but I just don't have the energy to type it all out here.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I originally got mine for alternative reasons. I am an avid outdoorsman and love to go bowhunting and fishing. One evening after hunting I was walking back to my vehicle and was confronted by 2 very aggressive dogs. The only thing I had to protect myself was my bow. Lets just say that it wasnt the ideal weapon of choice in a low light situation with 2 targets in the woods. I ended up having to walk backwards for a couple hundred yards coming to full draw with my bow on numerous occasions until I reached my truck. The law in Ohio is that you cant carry a firearm while bowhunting unless you have your CCW. So rather than risk getting caught with a pistol while hunting, I decided to get my CCW. I have since started carrying everyday because I realized it only takes a split second to become a victim.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by hayden911
I understood it. It had everything to do with the question.
X2 I got it.

and yes I have my CCW.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:59 AM
JK Newbie

Why I Carry a Gun

My old grandpa once said to me, "Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take an ass whoopin'.

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to Heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because, unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

"Police Protection" is an oxymoron. Free citizens must protect themselves. Police do not protect you from crime; they usually just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...author unknown (but obviously brilliant)

Remember, the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 Fps

Quick Reply: Do you have your CCW?