Notices
Outdoor Sports General discussion forum for those of you interested in outdoor sports such as mountain biking, kayaking, snowboarding, skiing, water skiing, ATV's etc.

Any disc golfers out there

Old 05-24-2012, 02:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any disc golfers out there

Don't see any mention of it on here but in mass disc golf is pretty popular, the work championship was held in central mass last year. Anyone else on here go or even know what I'm talking about?
Old 05-24-2012, 03:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know what your talking about the local park has 2 fields with setups for it. I've never played though.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I play whenever I have time. We have a few courses near by. Great way to get outside with friends and have a few beers.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

There are courses all over central mass, prob 8 within a 30 minute ride, but yeah it's great, spend some time outside, hang with friends and throw a few back, that's what it's all about, good times
Old 05-31-2012, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I love playing disc golf and have for years. I have a couple buddies who play and we try to hit the local courses once or twice a week when weather permits. There is another thread on here about disc golf as well but it's gotten about as much attention as this one has. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/outd...olfers-182475/ Anybody ever in the Spfld, IL area and want to hit some chains let me know.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:06 PM
JK Freak

I played a few times a month 5ish years ago, but don't play much anymore. One day we were bicycling and passed a park that had a course and people were playing and my lady said she would like to go play sometime... maybe I will be playing more regularly again... who knows.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

yup been playing for years. lucky enough to live in a great area for disc golf. I live about .5 miles from La Mirada park in CA. very famous course. has 27 baskets. I also play twila reid and many of the courses in the socal area. We have a very nice range of courses from very old to brand new, from mountain to beach, from short easy courses to expanded pro courses.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Same here we have some older public courses to some very nice private courses like maple hill where they have held the vibram open the last few years, but I love the sport, it's great times outdoors
Old 06-01-2012, 02:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Started playing when I lived in So Miami. The course was okay but only a block from my place in Kendall so we were there all the time. I move back to the Green Bay area for a couple years and I was blown away by the courses. Really stunning and challenging. Now in Vegas and the courses suck. Flat, small trees, uninspired and boring. Oh well.

We used to play a lot of tennis ball golf and that was a blast. Same concept but you just have to hit the "hole" with the ball. Nine iron only, pavement was water and the last hole was the door of a bar.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:27 AM
JK Newbie

Love to play here in the Dallas area. Good mix of new and old courses, but you have to travel a bit because everything is spread out over the metroplex.

Quick Reply: Any disc golfers out there