Notices
Puerto Rico If you live in Puerto Rico and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Back on the Island!

Old 05-28-2010, 09:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back on the Island!

Greetings fellow JK owners and Jeepsters as well. I am back on the beautiful Island of Puerto Rico after three years stationed in Jacksonville, FL. I am curious about the tremendous growth of the Jeep community and all the off road trailing events on the Island. Last week I shipped my 2009 JK 4 door Rubicon and am looking forward to meeting the JK owners on the Island. I am an active duty member of the U.S. Coast Guard and will be stationed in Aguadilla, PR. I am not new to the Island, but I don't have much experience as to where to go trailing with the family (Moderate trailing I mean). I am a Jeep lover, I have owned so far 3 jeeps: a 1989 Wrangler with all the chrome fixings, a 2004 TJ Rubicon with a 4" lift kit and sitting on 34", and a 2009 JK 4 door Rubicon. I plan on lifting my JK with a 4" lift kit and put some 35" tires when I am settled in the Island. Hopefully this year if God helps me and President Obama gives me that miserable 1.5% pay raise. I am looking to retire on the Island as well if things work out for me, so I look forward to meeting you all. Take care and look up for my post when I receive my Jeep. See you on the trails!!!

Sincerely and respectfully;
Eli Perez
Old 02-19-2011, 05:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question

Eli,
My job is taking me to PR. I was born and raised there, but I am going back after 20 years of being away.
I am assuming that the Coast Guard shipped your vehicle. If so, where the taxes pretty high? I am told that the whole taxes and registration process can be pretty high....
My job will ship my 2008, 2 door JK. So at least I don't have to pay the shipping of the vehicle. I am just trying to get an idea, and learn about the shipping experience.
Thanks for your help and I hope that you are having a great time in Aguadilla. It is beautiful there....
Take care,
e

Quick Reply: Back on the Island!