Notices
Western Canada If you live in the British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Yukon, North West Territories or Nunavut area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Hey Vancouver Island people . . . primitive camping questions please

Old 02-14-2016, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Vancouver Island people . . . primitive camping questions please

I'm planning a trek up Vancouver Island maybe by May when the rain lessens. I want to primitive camp in more remote areas where there's just no one around. Just me and my rig in complete silence, no foot print.

Anyone know of accessible Crown land or old areas that aren't currently logged that would be ideal for secluded primitive camping in my rig? I'm thinking central to Northern areas.

I'd like to stay at a place for a day or so and move on a ways, spend 8 days in and head back.

If you have some back roads gems you're willing to pass along I would really appreciate the google earth link etc. If you don't want to publicly share a quiet pristine spot please message me.

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-27-2016, 10:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Unlimited_Fun
I'm planning a trek up Vancouver Island maybe by May when the rain lessens. I want to primitive camp in more remote areas where there's just no one around. Just me and my rig in complete silence, no foot print. Anyone know of accessible Crown land or old areas that aren't currently logged that would be ideal for secluded primitive camping in my rig? I'm thinking central to Northern areas. I'd like to stay at a place for a day or so and move on a ways, spend 8 days in and head back. If you have some back roads gems you're willing to pass along I would really appreciate the google earth link etc. If you don't want to publicly share a quiet pristine spot please message me. Thanks in advance! .
If you're really wanting remote, aim a little further north to Haida Gwaii!

If you make it this far I can show you where to go.

Quick Reply: Hey Vancouver Island people . . . primitive camping questions please