Notices
Stock JK Tech Bulletin board forum regarding issues with OE (original equipment) components of the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) such as factory suspension parts, engine, transmission, body parts, interior fixtures and the on-board computer.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

etc and traction control lights come on

Old 01-02-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow bad luck sorry to hear. I had the same thing happen the other day traveling down the freeway. cruising in 6th, about 70, and all of a sudden the etc light starts flashing, major loss of power, traction control starts blinking, had to pull over 4 lanes of freeway fast! and stop. turned off engine. cycled key, restarted and it was fine. drove straight to dealer. they had it about an hour and came back saying that sometimes the pcv sticks causing these issues. they replaced it, and so far so good.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:01 PM
JK Newbie

Did the original poster ever get the issue resolved. I have this happening right now. It's almost as if it's on a timer...I have been taking little test trips on the local access road and twice it's happened and both within 100 yards of the same place. It had been doing it repeatedly when I got into the gas a little bit but now I take it really easy and eventually it does it anyway.
Old 09-13-2018, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

Hi there myz28u, I know post was a while ago, but i have been having the same issue, and mine has been happening for quiet some time now. I have taken my jeep to the dealership 4 times now and each time I pay money and they "Fix" it and it happens again. I guess i just want to know if you ever got yours fixed?

Quick Reply: etc and traction control lights come on