Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Wipers Turn On At Random (2012)

Old 09-11-2013, 03:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I turned my "Auto" switch off on my headlights yesterday. My wife thinks that that might help. When they were actually wiping yesterday, they did turn off when I moved that switch. Doesn't seem To make any sense, but I'll leave that switch off for awhile and see if that has anything to do with it. With the canbus system, it could be almost anything that is triggering the wipers to fire. Mine do seem to turn on with my blinkers most often, but sometimes they go when I haven't touched a thing. But most of the time it's when I turn the blinker on.
Old 09-13-2013, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

Auto switch does nothing. It's still happening. Today, I barely touch the blinker stalk and they turned on. I'll let you know when I get around to taking it back to the dealer.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the RHD jku CRD , and I too have this problem, wipers come on at random when touching the blinker
Old 09-15-2013, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

If you haven't already, check the grounds that are near the floor underneath the dash. I grounded some LEDs to that location and when I forgot to put the bolt back on, the wipers went crazy. I would make sure those grounds are nice a tight
Old 09-15-2013, 06:20 AM
JK Freak

Thank you bmal. I will check that.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:45 PM
JK Newbie

Same problem in my 13 JKU
Old 09-18-2013, 06:14 PM
JK Newbie

Default Same problem --solved

My jku had the same wiper issue. My horn would also blow while the wipers ran irradicaly. After two trips to the dealer I finally got the issue to come on for them. They replaced the TIPM. No more wiper/horn embassassment on the road.

Prepare yourself...it hurts -- $600.

Good luck.
Old 10-13-2013, 06:49 AM
JK Freak

Dealer replaced my turn signal arm and wiper arm and that appears to have solved the problem. I told him about TIPM rec from this thread and he called Chrysler and they told him that that hasn't always worked. I'll post again if this didn't solve it. Covered under warranty if course. But now, check engine light is on and I evidently need a new cylinder head. At 20k miles. F'ing Chrysler. My 4th jeep. Love them, but the build quality, although getting better, is still lacking!!
Old 10-17-2013, 06:42 PM
JK Freak

Four days later and wiper are still fixed. The two new stalks did it.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anything specific I should tell my dealer to make sure I get them to replace the arms? Of course now that I have turned 24k+ miles, it won't have the problem. No random wipers for the last month.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Wipers Turn On At Random (2012)