Notices
Cooking & Grilling General discussion forum regarding kitchen cooking and BAR-B-Q Grilling.

venison recipes

Old 05-26-2011, 07:01 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08JKRHD
yeah, and then you can make tasty stuff from that sausage and burger. I love deer tacos I guess some places you can't really load up on deer meat, but I have plenty here
Oh yeah.......I love all that stuff too, but I also love nice roasts, stews, and big fat steaks on the grill too.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

quick question ryanc, what does your avatar picture say?
Old 04-29-2012, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK jeepin
I would like to see some more deer recipes .... cuz I still have alot of muley meat in the frezer
the way I like to cook my deer is I take about a cup of flour and add 1-2 TBS of season salt and mix it to gether in a ziplock bag. Coat the meat in the mix and fry in oil until done about 5 minutes a side. I put about a 1/4 cup of oil in my pan which will hold about 2 pounds of deer steaks. The oil keeps the meet moist and add to the flavor, tastes better than a rib eye steak to me.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:14 PM
JK Newbie

Venison Grill Nuggets: once you get this down it will turn you savage.

Venison backstrap sliced 3/8 to 1/2" thick, covered in meat tenderizer powder and beat with a tenderizer hammer. Soak them in milk with the tenderizer powder still on, for about 2 hours in the fridge. Take them out, rinse just enough to take the milk residue off. Give them a fairly liberal coat of Tony Chacheres (spelling?) creole seasoning on one side, and steak seasoning on other side and cook on grill.

Unbelieveable. Took a while for me and my cousin to come up with this but there isn't a word in the dictionary to adequately describe how awesome it is.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nitecrawler
Venison Grill Nuggets: once you get this down it will turn you savage.

Venison backstrap sliced 3/8 to 1/2" thick, covered in meat tenderizer powder and beat with a tenderizer hammer. Soak them in milk with the tenderizer powder still on, for about 2 hours in the fridge. Take them out, rinse just enough to take the milk residue off. Give them a fairly liberal coat of Tony Chacheres (spelling?) creole seasoning on one side, and steak seasoning on other side and cook on grill.

Unbelieveable. Took a while for me and my cousin to come up with this but there isn't a word in the dictionary to adequately describe how awesome it is.
Y do u soak tenderloin in milk? Crazyeyes.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can play around with this a lot, and even make it in a crock pot. Make aluminum foil boats. Layer vegetables, potatoes, onions, carrots, celery and anything else you want. Throw seasoned venison on top, with a can (or so) of diced tomatoes and add either a soup base, or chicken broth etc. Slow cook for about an hour, comes out amazing and soft. You can shove in the oven, over the grill, or even on top of some coals from a fire.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

1.5 pounds ground 80% beef
1.5 pounds ground deer meat
1 pack McCormick Tex Mex (or 2pks)
29 oz tomato sauce
2- Rotel 10 oz. diced tomatoes/chili (mild or Hot)
2- 15.5 oz. Light red kidney beans (drained)

Brown the meat. Put all in Large crock pot, stir well, simmer on low for 8-10 hours, stirring every 2 he's.

Best chili EVER.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Prelud3
You can play around with this a lot, and even make it in a crock pot. Make aluminum foil boats. Layer vegetables, potatoes, onions, carrots, celery and anything else you want. Throw seasoned venison on top, with a can (or so) of diced tomatoes and add either a soup base, or chicken broth etc. Slow cook for about an hour, comes out amazing and soft. You can shove in the oven, over the grill, or even on top of some coals from a fire.
X2. I put it all in the croc pot for 6-8hrs on low and it will fall apart. Simply season to taste. This will fool most people into thinking its beef.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by SBEII

X2. I put it all in the croc pot for 6-8hrs on low and it will fall apart. Simply season to taste. This will fool most people into thinking its beef.
I have used BBQ sauce (kc masterpiece or similar) with this to give it some heat to warm your bones on those really cold days. Typically crock pot.

I'm enjoying some pot roast style right now using this recipe.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I took my first try at snack sticks last night. They came out pretty good.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2163132799.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	396299  

Quick Reply: venison recipes