Notices
VENGEANCE - The Curmudgeons Revenge JK Build This forum is dedicated to our good friend HappyCurmudgeon who recently lost his fight against Sarcoma Cancer. Information on how you can help provide hope for his family can be found here.

Help Provide Hope for HappyCurmudgeon

Old 01-28-2010, 02:37 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you everyone, thank you Joe and for your continued help when i pester you about little things. *L* I very much appreciate it.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS There a PayPal link?

Ken, I hope you and your family are spending as much quality together time as possible. Our prayers here are with you and your family.

Ed - Obviously I haven't been able to sift through every one of the hundreds of threads and posts for Ken. I don't, and probably many don't, have My Face or Your Space or .... any of the other "social networking" accounts.

Is there a PayPal link to send contributions to Ken and his family? If there is, please post it up again so those like me who aren't going to subscribe to another networking site can possibly contribute.

Thanks, Steve
Old 05-05-2010, 04:26 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default paypal link is in first post of this thread.

Yes Steve, I am. This whole thing has been an eye opener and a real wake-up call for me. I dont work as hard anymore, instead i stop to just be with my wife or play with the kids or the dog. I really have learned to not take things for granted so much, and to see things with a new set of eyes. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, they are helping.

as for the paypal link, that is in the first post of this thread if that is something you feel compelled to do, so their is no need to go to facebook if you dont want to. (I actually dont like it either, but it has become necessary for me).

I wish i knew how to adequately thank everyone who has chosen to send thier hard-earned money, or placed a bid on an auction, or donated parts to be sold. I simply have no words to say just how very much it means to us.

The costs assosciated with this are simply staggering, i honestly had no idea that things could get so out of control so quickly. I have insurance and it pays a lot of the hospitalization, but it doesnt cover copays and gas and medications etc, nor does it account for the two weeks plus that i miss from work every month. Because of the hospitalization, my pay has effectively been cut in half, and my bills have gone up 20fold at least, i have no vacation or sick time accrued; burned through my stash of that quickly a long time ago. My coworkers have donated some to help, and it surely did.

Thier is no doubt whatsoever that we would have lost our home by now without it. If that had happened (or may still) i have no idea what we would do. No one is going to rent to someone who cant pay, if i cant pay for my house, i cant pay for a rental either. It's catch 22.

The copay for one hospital visit is nearly two weeks take home pay, when your only working two weeks of the month, and have to pay that copay for two trips a month thier simply is no money left at all, for anything. I am paying twice as much a month in just hospital copays than i make in a month. Haven't even factored in the little things like mortgage, utilities, insurance premiums, food, gas, cars, drug copays (They dont use bottom tier drugs for cancer, it is all the topshelf highest co-pay stuff thier is.), daily living expenses etc...... a second mortgage isnt possible because they wont give me one. I am uninsurable. I cant get life/loan insurance at all. Credit cards have become the only option to stay afloat. It is tight, very tight, but with the donations we recieved, and the auctions from our sponsors we have kept the wolves at bay, for now. Thier still circling, but I am not out of ammo yet.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I have my background changed to white because I don't like the new black screen. Consequently I missed the PayPal link. Hopefully others will see it also. Everyday with our families is a blessing to be thankful for. I can see that you are. God bless you and your family.

Quick Reply: Help Provide Hope for HappyCurmudgeon