Notices
VENGEANCE - The Curmudgeons Revenge JK Build This forum is dedicated to our good friend HappyCurmudgeon who recently lost his fight against Sarcoma Cancer. Information on how you can help provide hope for his family can be found here.

I dont have good news to share - Rest in Peace 12/27/2011

Old 12-25-2009, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My heart really goes out to you and your family. My girlfriends mother had a terrible bout with lymphoma and it was tough to say the least. I am a huge supporter of the American Cancer Society, and if I am able to give in anyway to a fellow Jeeper, I sure will. Right now my funds are tight, but if I am able to, I would be glad to help out. I will be praying for you and your family. Have faith and enjoy every moment as much as possible. My girlfriends mother had to undergo a lot of chemotherapy sessions, and by the grace of God and the work of the doctors, she was able to make a full recovery. I hope all people on here who are able to give to the ACS or your family do so to combat this terrible disease. Best wishes.

- Zach
Old 12-25-2009, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

my Father-in-law beat cancer a few years back. please keep the faith, fight with all you have. i don't pray for money, a new jeep or parts. i pray for friends and family. i will pray for you.
Brian
Old 12-26-2009, 04:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

... wordless ... all i can say is enjoy. enjoy all you can. ride your jeep like you want it, look at your daughter the whole day. make movies. i might not be a real beliver in god but i beleave in our soul and if life go's on and you beat this fuckin cancer i will be fuckin happy for you . just enjoy man. my step mother is in a situation like you ( she is 50) and i know how it is not to know what will be the day after today. but the best way we have to deal with it is to have fun laugh and make fun of her shity tumor in her brain. i enjoy every second i can with her. do the same ok!

like i see life i think its bether to be ready to face the worst and hope and fight for the best.

i hope sooooooo much that everything will go the best for you.

go enjoy go!

look at the stars at night. eat pizza :P walk the beach bare foot... enjoy.

i will think of you will hope for the best.

have a good day TODAY!

Last edited by guybergeron; 12-26-2009 at 04:29 AM.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:57 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you, for all the prayers and well wishes. I am mostly a private person so i kept this to my friends and family. I didn't keep it a secret, but i didn't really advertise it either. PIAJ asked me if it was ok to do the 50/50 at Rausch. I have always been self sufficient and am NOT the type to ask for handouts, but in looking at my checkbook and the stack of bills, i reluctantly agreed. That money saved my butt, and I sincerely appreciated it.

Eddie mentioned a few times putting something together for me and I politely declined, I was at the time doing ok, and the doctors had listed me as cancer free after the surgery, so i was fairly confident that i would be ok.

Then the denied claims from the radiation started rolling in, 25 treatments at nearly a thousand a pop, etc. and i got overwhelmed. There is simply no way i can pay that, then i found out this crap has spread into my lungs, after i had extensive talks with the doctors that we needed to keep it out of there, cuz' if it got there my chances where slim to non existent.

I have not given up hope, in fact i have dug my heals in even deeper, but I am also not stupid. very few sarcoma patients survive past 10 years. almost none survive past 5 if this gets into the lungs. If they cant stop it, basically i am going to suffocate/drown and there isn't anything anyone can much do about it.

I will fight that happening with every bit of energy i have. I have a wonderful wife and a beautiful baby and three young women who need me to take care of them, and I will do just that with all that I am, for every second i have.

I can not tell you all how much I appreciate the donations. In a way they help me, but mostly they will help my wife find a way to take care of our children and our home. I have a rough battle ahead of that there is no doubt, but she has a rougher one by far for the future with 4 daughters to contend with. She is my angel and i love her more than she will ever know, she is strong and she can do it, but i don't envy her the task. I am overwhelmed at the support from my friends here on the forum, the generosity of the Jeeping community is second to none, and I am proud to consider myself a member of that crowd. I didn't realize i had so many people who seem to genuinely like me, it is nice to know.

Thank you, all of you, sincerely.

~Ken

EDIT: April read this and she thinks i was unclear as to what I will use these gifts for, they will be used to help me get the medical bills paid, so that April can hopefully manage the rest without needing to worry about them, I hope that clarifies it & I appologize if it wasnt very clear at first.

PS I posted this on my facebook page too: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...6967#post84817

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 12-26-2009 at 05:23 AM.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:39 AM
JK Junkie

Ken,

...Shit, it's hard to find words... You're a cool cat and it appears to me that you've always seemed to be able to have a good grasp of the big picture by reading your input on this forum. ... .... . .Listen, several years ago I had no direction and everything around me was crumbling quickly(I'll keep a really involved and long story super short here)... I prayed and I prayed HARD for help and guidance .. Everyday I prayed for things.. Things that I knew I needed to change within myself and I wanted to become closer to God if he really existed.. .. It's been close to 6yrs and almost every prayer has been answered. The depth of this story is something that I would love to share with you if you have time, you're welcome to PM with your number or I'll share mine. Gods love is REAL and it is more amazing than I could have ever imagined. Ask and he's there (maybe not when you want). I have never been closer to understanding God and I have never before received so many great things. And all because I asked for him to come in my life.

Here are some good reads for starters.

John 3:3 through John 3:7

John 3:16

John 1:12 through John 1:13

Matthew 11:28
Old 12-26-2009, 07:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sorry to hear that always stay strong and NEVER give in to that horrible disease.....
Old 12-26-2009, 09:14 AM
JK Freak

Default Love and prayers

Keneth

we have never met, but i have seen the outpouring of support and have my own family story with the c-word. I know you probably do not want to hear a lot of god talk, but all i can do is offer you what i have witnessed and the prayers of me and my family.

First off i support a lot of what has been said already especially in regards to m.d. Anderson in texas. My uncle is a top researcher in the field and is working tirelessly on new treatments to various forms of cancer that are unconventional. He works closely with them. In addition he is working at making conventional treatments more effective, i can not get into more details, because i am not the expert and i do not want to misrepresent. If you can get therE even for a consult you would not be wasting your time.

Second as far as prognosis goes throw it the f-out. What i have found is it is a bunch of hodge podge numbers averaged together including 80 and 90 year olds in an already weakened physical condition. They are not a contract they are a general guide. I liken it to the bmi which says i should weigh 167 pounds given my height. Rediculous that means i would have to lose well never mind, trust me, my bones by themselves weigh more. Anyway i am getting off topic. Yes, you have a family and you need to hear what the docs say, but in our dealing with this they are not acurate.

Third and most importantly do not count out god. I am sorry to have to say that but it is important. Prayer works period. Even if you are not there yourself, allow and encourage with an open heart others to pray for you. I have seen miracles happen before my eyes related to what you are going through. I do not want to make this about me but lets say that i know god does answer.

I love you brother keep up the fight and do not worry about asking for help, you are giving others a gift by allowing them to help. I know it seems strange, but they are actually recieving more than they are giving.

God bless you and your family
dan, alanna and jacob
and the pups
scooter and bella

Last edited by Dwikto; 12-26-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't ever give up the fight bud, keep strong and there is always a chance you can beat it. my thoughts are with you!
Old 12-26-2009, 11:15 AM
Former Member

Ken,

I am hoping for the best for you man, hang in there, you Can beat it. It was an honor to meet and spend time with you and your wife at RC last year. I had a great time, and I always think back to that. Hope everything works out, you are good people and it sucks that this happens to the best people.

If you or your wife ever need anything at all please let me know!

Bryan
Old 12-26-2009, 11:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Sending you many many positive thoughts and wishes for recovery.

You're in my thoughts.

We're here to support you in any an all they ways you need.

Try and stay strong and positive.

-Matt

Quick Reply: I dont have good news to share - Rest in Peace 12/27/2011