Notices
MOAB If you're thinking about heading out to Moab, Utah and are looking for information regarding trails, lodging, camping and/or events that are going on, this is the forum for you!

Moab for the 4th of July

Old 06-13-2018, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Moab for the 4th of July

Hey guys,
So I’m taking a pretty ambitious road trip at the end of this month/beginning of next. Actually leaving June 28 from Morgan City Louisiana and driving my family in my 2012 JKUR on 38s to Sandiego California. Then to La. Then to visit a friend in Vegas. Probably catch the Hoover dam and the Grand Canyon on the way to Moab. Once in Moab I’m mostly looking to to see the sights. Not trying to go beat on my rig halfway through a 3k+ mile road trip, just hoping to scratch it off of the old bucket list and take in the beauty. Any “must-see” trails that would fit into my trip? Any of you guys planning to be there or will it definitely be busy for the 4th? Safety in numbers comes to mind. lol Thanks for reading and Happy Jeeping OIIIIIIIO ✌🏼
Old 06-13-2018, 06:03 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I was there on the 4th in 2013 and it is a hot mother. There were not a lot of people there and we rarely saw anyone on the trails. Lots of must see trails. You need to get the Charles wells' moab book and just pick some. There are many very easy trails that you could do in a small car. I recommend everybody do at least fins and things and maybe hells revenge.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Montana Hot and Louisiana hot are two different things. I’m from Arizona, so I know this type of hot. It cools down at night, and traffic is low. It is also not super humid, but when I was there last year, we had a pretty serious wind storm that destroyed all the tens, except my expensive spring bar. It was unfazed.
As for a trailer that won’t beat on your Jeep, fins is always a good one, especially if you don’t have much rock experience. I did not find Hells Revenge particularly difficult, either, especially if you don’t do Hells Gate or the escalator. Just be smart on what you bypass. By yourself, if you see a hot tub with lots of tire marks, I would probably avoid those, as well.
Old 06-17-2018, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys! Some very good info. OIIIIIIIO
Old 06-18-2018, 06:29 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Moab diner(closed on Sunday) is worth eating at so is Moab Brewery. Hells revenge can be done in stock JK. Moab is huge and you can run all kinds of trails. Arches National park is right there for some amazing rock formations. You might order up a guide book before you leave. You might go thru Kingman to Hover dam to Vegas to save some doubling back.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Moab diner(closed on Sunday) is worth eating at so is Moab Brewery. Hells revenge can be done in stock JK. Moab is huge and you can run all kinds of trails. Arches National park is right there for some amazing rock formations. You might order up a guide book before you leave. You might go thru Kingman to Hover dam to Vegas to save some doubling back.
The Oar house is an excellent place to eat as well. Speaking of Hells revenge last year a 2wd Toyota Tacoma followed us and had no trouble except when he tried to follow us on the Tip over challenge and he came very close to endoing. He actually surprised us at how well he did even on the last part.
Old 07-04-2018, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good call! We enjoyed it.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by elmo4x4

Good call! We enjoyed it.
Also did Fins and things. I agree that should be the first trail for any new comers! It was AWESOME!

Quick Reply: Moab for the 4th of July