Notices

Event Schedule/Things To Do

Old 04-28-2013, 02:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone and Everyone,

I'm looking at attending the event (my mom was just diagnosed with stage two breast cancer last week) and was wondering what the event schedule would be like. Is it a full sunrise to sunset schedule? How will trail rides be organized? This will be my first meet ever so I'm unsure on what to expect over two days.

Also is there anything fun to do in the area? I'm debating to stay in Hershey but if it'll be a busy two days I'll stay local in town, especially if they'll be meet and greets after hours.

And finally, what should I bring? Crayons and coloring books? Bread crumbs to make a trail into the woods for a safe return? A flare gun like in Titanic incase I sink in the creek? I have basic recovery gear (shackles, snatch strap, hand tools, lunchables) and will have my winch installed by then too.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Last edited by Tripletsi; 04-28-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tripletsi
Anyone and Everyone,

I'm looking at attending the event (my mom was just diagnosed with stage two breast cancer last week) and was wondering what the event schedule would be like. Is it a full sunrise to sunset schedule? How will trail rides be organized? This will be my first meet ever so I'm unsure on what to expect over two days.

Also is there anything fun to do in the area? I'm debating to stay in Hershey but if it'll be a busy two days I'll stay local in town, especially if they'll be meet and greets after hours.

And finally, what should I bring? Crayons and coloring books? Bread crumbs to make a trail into the woods for a safe return? A flare gun like in Titanic incase I sink in the creek? I have basic recovery gear (shackles, snatch strap, hand tools, lunchables) and will have my winch installed by then too.

Thanks for the help in advance!
Schedule:
The event schedule will be posted later but we usually ask for everyone to arrive at the park at 0800 for a departure of 0930 to hit the trails.

Raffle:
The raffle will be on Saturday at a pre-determined time (which will be on the agenda) and you have to be present to win.

Trail Levels/Organization:
Trail levels at Rausch Creek are broken into four categories.
Green=fire roads (Tires 31-35, stock skids, beginner)
Blue=baby rocks (Tires 35, will use/hear your stock skids, intermediate)
Black=bigger rocks (Tires 37+, aftermarket skids and experienced)
Red=change your underwear (Tires 37+, armor and experienced).
Now this is a "Chantelle" description of the levels. Some of the TGs can comment further if they would like to add anything to the descriptions.

Things to do:
Hershey - 30-45 mins away.
Busy the entire weekend wheeling and getting together at the hotel/camp grounds hanging out with people.

Items to bring:
Chairs, rain ponchos, CB, winch, tow points, recovery gear, adventurous nature.

Other:
Hope this answers your questions, if not please call or email (240-925-5026 or contact@toplessfortatas.com).

It sucks being diagnosed but we are here to raise awareness and funds to fight this horrid disease! We have fun and get to hang out with family minded people to create a welcoming atmosphere of wheeling!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:34 AM
JK Newbie

I concur with Chantelle's trail descriptions. I feel that a stock Jeep can handle the Blue trails quite well if you're not afraid to drive it like you're supposed to...

Keep in mind there are obstacles which you will encounter on any trail that CAN cause damage to your vehicle. Approach them with care and listen to your spotter!! I feel that a good spotter ranks higher on the "required equipment" list than a tow strap...since they can keep you out of the holes which seek to restrain you ;-)

Quick Reply: Event Schedule/Things To Do