Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

Older Jeepers

Old 12-26-2013, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Motrac
I'm 55. I just joined the jeep life style in July of this year. I have wanted a jeep for the longest time, but life and family, had me put my desire on the back burner. Since getting my JK there is no turning back now. I will be a jeep owner the rest of my life.
Hmmm, lets see - ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto, and ditto !

Spoz' I should add I use a 4WD Xterra as a daily driver and had a 4WD Toyota truck previously. Oh one more thing, used to own a Motorola Motrac years back.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jnr0104
Congrats on getting the JKU!
Thanks - I'm loving every minute of it and haven't yet regretted giving up my hemi Charger.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnInPaso
Hmmm, lets see - ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto, and ditto !

Spoz' I should add I use a 4WD Xterra as a daily driver and had a 4WD Toyota truck previously. Oh one more thing, used to own a Motorola Motrac years back.
Checked out your site, man, really nice setup! Noticed the antennas on rear of the jeep, any problems with them there? I have a dual band for 2m,70cm on an Arizona rockyroad mount and plan on adding another for 10m. Also have a uhf mounted on tail gate for our Ranch business system. My dual band seems to be doing ok so far, but have seen complaints from some folks with antennas mounted there.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

Default old one

been jeeping for over30 years now. owned numerous Blazers, broncos 2 CJ-7s and now a 13 JK. Not bad for 67 years young. haven't found many trails I didn't enjoy.7
Old 12-27-2013, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jnr0104
Checked out your site, man, really nice setup! Noticed the antennas on rear of the jeep, any problems with them there? I have a dual band for 2m,70cm on an Arizona rockyroad mount and plan on adding another for 10m. Also have a uhf mounted on tail gate for our Ranch business system. My dual band seems to be doing ok so far, but have seen complaints from some folks with antennas mounted there.
Thanks JNR. Initially I had a Diamond dual band antenna, which was 5/8 wave on 2 meters and something else on 440. Realizing I was having an RF ground issue, I switched to an MFJ dual band antenna which is 1/2 wave on 2 meters. It made a world of difference because the 1/2 is not ground dependent (works fine on 440 too). The other antenna is for the scanner, it's tuned to MURS freqs but oddly works terrific.
Old 12-27-2013, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rodstoys
been jeeping for over30 years now. owned numerous Blazers, broncos 2 CJ-7s and now a 13 JK. Not bad for 67 years young. haven't found many trails I didn't enjoy.7
More power to you Rod.....I bet you'd have some fine stories to tell.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Being old and driving a Jeep is nothing special. It's just good. Real good. There's power steering, power brakes and even automatic transmissions in Jeeps these days from what I hear...

I'm not old, at 57. Not even close to being old. Old is a state of mind. Am not ready to go there yet.

Jeepin' ? That's relaxation, not exertion. It's as good for seasoned citizens as it is for youngsters. I like to use my Jeep to get me to the trailhead, or to the fishin' hole, or back from a hunting trip.

Let's hit the trail!

CW

Last edited by Cascade Wanderer; 12-30-2013 at 01:40 AM.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

I just bought a 2012 COD:MW today. I turned 43 earlier this year and this is my 3rd Jeep. I got my first one in 2000 when I was discharged.
Old 01-03-2014, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Growing older but not growing up

42 - Lets see - I got my first Jeep when I was about 7. It was a Blue Jeepster with the matching trailer and speedboat from Tonka

Had to wait several more years, but I finally got my first Jeep, in 1994 - a 1993 YJ that I kept stock for a while. I left it with a buddy when I went to Korea for a year, and "buddy" was half of the operative phrase... I returned to the states, then had to track down my "buddy" and the Jeep - took longer than I wanted, the Jeep had been wrecked and suspension ruined... So - I fixed it up, put a new suspension, wheels, tires and top on it - a lot of elbow grease and cleaning and she was back in top form. Ran the snot out of it in NC and KY/TN for several years. Land Between the Lakes (LBL) OHRVA was a blast!

Traded it in on a Mustang GT... didn't keep the Mustang all that long and should have never got rid of the Jeep - hindsight is 20/20.

Had a few trucks and an SUV - then drove my Father In Law's CJ and decided that day that I would obtain another Jeep ASAP. Got a good deal on a (then) 2 y/o 2007 JK with low miles and a decent amount of options for a non-Rubicon. Now, it's paid off and I am slowly transforming it from stock to fit my wants/needs. I'm not a rock-crawler, so I'm taking more conservative approach as this is my DD when I'm not on the motorcycle. I don't have a money tree in the backyard, so I have to keep my budget in mind and save/build as I can, adjusting as time and money allow.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:01 AM
JK Newbie

BlikitSchmikit, LOL, I forgot about the Tonka Jeeps, I also had at least 3 WWII military Jeep models I put together as a kid, that brings my Jeep count to at least 20 now counting the 15 real Jeeps.

Cascade Wanderer

"Being old and driving a Jeep is nothing special. It's just good. Real good. There's power steering, power brakes and even automatic transmissions in Jeeps these days from what I hear...

I'm not old, at 57. Not even close to being old. Old is a state of mind. Am not ready to go there yet.

Jeepin' ? That's relaxation, not exertion. It's as good for seasoned citizens as it is for youngsters. I like to use my Jeep to get me to the trailhead, or to the fishin' hole, or back from a hunting trip.

Let's hit the trail!

CW "

!00% agree CW. And I just used OLDER Jeepers, because I didn't want to upset the kids on the site by saying something like Wiser, seasoned, mature, smarter, intelligent, Jeepers. You get the point. Not that we can't or don't learn things from the newer folks. Darn shame more of us don't live closer together, We could have a really good Jeep club!

Quick Reply: Older Jeepers