Notices
Jeeping Lifestyle Post your wheeling adventures and JK trail experiences!

So What Do You Love About Your Jeep?!?

Old 10-11-2014, 09:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face So What Do You Love About Your Jeep?!?

As was suggested on a different post, let's start a positive thread about our Jeeps!

I've loved Jeeps since I was a teen. My step-uncle had a YJ, Sahara with a 3" lift and 33's. He bought it for looks and was the in thing to drive, I believe it's been called a "yuppie" Jeep. Well he always wanted it clean and waxed, which being a 16 year old with a new license, I offered to do just that in exchange for him letting me drive it!

I loved having the top down and blasting the stereo! It was the ultimate freedom machine! I would often have to go to the corner store to buy him a soda or something and of course I would take the long way, pick up a few friends and take my time. He never minded of course. He kept it a few years but unfortunately he lost his job and was not able to keep it and it was repo'ed. I really loved that Jeep!

Fast forward 22 years or so and I finally buy a Jeep of my own. They have really changed by this point too. To be honest I like having power windows and an auto, it just makes for a more enjoyable ride. I have a JKU which is why I bought the hardtop. If I had bought the 2 door, I would have definitely gotten the soft top. About a year after I bought the Jeep I was finally able to get it lifted. I went with the 2.5" coil lift from Teraflex which I am very happy with. There are not too many Jeeps in my town, even less are lifted like mine, I am one happy camper! I take it off road when I can, I especially like driving on the beach, along the shoreline with the windows down listening to the ocean.

Annnnd now, about a month ago I moved from deep South Texas to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Holy cow! I've never seen so many Jeeps! A lot of them are modded too! I've found an area to go off road, it's Northwest of ABQ, and the scenery is beautiful! I will hopefully meet some other Jeepers out here and make new friends. I love the camaraderie and community that comes with owning a Jeep! I still like driving with the windows down except now I'm looking at the mountains and valleys versus the ocean.

Anyway, cheers!
Old 10-11-2014, 10:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default So What Do You Love About Your Jeep?!?

^^^Exactly^^^ finally owning a jeep and introducing it to my kids. Just one year of owning it and the community is so close and comforting like my family and corps is. I will never leave it and keep jeeping on.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Val 2.0
As was suggested on a different post, let's start a positive thread about our Jeeps!

I've loved Jeeps since I was a teen. My step-uncle had a YJ, Sahara with a 3" lift and 33's. He bought it for looks and was the in thing to drive, I believe it's been called a "yuppie" Jeep. Well he always wanted it clean and waxed, which being a 16 year old with a new license, I offered to do just that in exchange for him letting me drive it!

I loved having the top down and blasting the stereo! It was the ultimate freedom machine! I would often have to go to the corner store to buy him a soda or something and of course I would take the long way, pick up a few friends and take my time. He never minded of course. He kept it a few years but unfortunately he lost his job and was not able to keep it and it was repo'ed. I really loved that Jeep!

Fast forward 22 years or so and I finally buy a Jeep of my own. They have really changed by this point too. To be honest I like having power windows and an auto, it just makes for a more enjoyable ride. I have a JKU which is why I bought the hardtop. If I had bought the 2 door, I would have definitely gotten the soft top. About a year after I bought the Jeep I was finally able to get it lifted. I went with the 2.5" coil lift from Teraflex which I am very happy with. There are not too many Jeeps in my town, even less are lifted like mine, I am one happy camper! I take it off road when I can, I especially like driving on the beach, along the shoreline with the windows down listening to the ocean.

Annnnd now, about a month ago I moved from deep South Texas to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Holy cow! I've never seen so many Jeeps! A lot of them are modded too! I've found an area to go off road, it's Northwest of ABQ, and the scenery is beautiful! I will hopefully meet some other Jeepers out here and make new friends. I love the camaraderie and community that comes with owning a Jeep! I still like driving with the windows down except now I'm looking at the mountains and valleys versus the ocean.

Anyway, cheers!
Ocean side rides are the best!
Old 10-11-2014, 11:16 PM
JK Freak

I love that insatiable feeling that I can simply drive off road anywhere around me as I coast down the highway.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chefbrujo
I love that insatiable feeling that I can simply drive off road anywhere around me as I coast down the highway.
YES! I love that the jeep is a smile maker!
Old 10-11-2014, 11:46 PM
JK Freak

I love cruisin down a dirt road/trail at dusk. Drivin with the windows open in nature, listening to the sound of silence while smelling the trees. Ahhhhh
Old 10-12-2014, 12:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chefbrujo
I love cruisin down a dirt road/trail at dusk. Drivin with the windows open in nature, listening to the sound of silence while smelling the trees. Ahhhhh
We don't have enough trails right here, just a bunch of rednecky mud holes, have to go a bit north or west to get to the good stuff. There is the beach too....
Old 10-12-2014, 08:26 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I love being able to say "it's a jeep thing, you wouldn't understand" :thumbup:

sent from my obama monitoring device
Old 10-16-2014, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

i like the idea its not a car, not a truck...its in its own catergory

thing I love the most is the history of jeep....from willys, bantam, Kaiser, amc......everything from scramblers to woody wagons.....cj2,cj3, cj5 and cj7

fc's, commandos.....etc

the list goes on and on...they have a history, a reputation.....it will stick forever (I hope) as a rugged, reliable, made for the outdoorsy people

History of the jeep is why I have had 10-12 jeeps in my life....

oh and jeeps don't leak oil, they sweat horsepower!!
Old 10-31-2014, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

Its versatility.

Its capable of crawling, muddling, and other amazing feats of offroadability, yet I am 100% comfortable parking it in manhattan and having cabs bump up against it .

Plus, not many things are cooler than jumping out of a muddy jeep dressed to the 9s at a high end restaurant/venue.

But thats just a city guy speaking.

Quick Reply: So What Do You Love About Your Jeep?!?