Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Barricade roof rack cross bars-same size?

Old 02-28-2014, 07:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Barricade roof rack cross bars-same size?

I finally got my Barricade roof rack installed. After waiting almost two weeks to get all the right hardware sent. I modified my stock bumper (thanks Phantasm), and pre-wired for lights. I went to put the cross bars on, and the directions explicitly state there are three sizes. Front is shorter, two middle ones, and a longer one for the rear. All of mine seem to be the same size- and I can't get a various on the front!!

Anyone have any idea what the lengths are. I am thinking I got the wrong set of cross bars.....

Thanks,
Bob
Old 03-05-2014, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

Got it on. Found out the bars are all the same size. I had to bow the front bar to allow install.....

Hopefully picture comes thru...

Bob
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3154125672.jpg
Views:	1562
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	535380  
Old 03-05-2014, 01:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks awesome!. When u told me u bowed it I imagined bowed Down.. i just set my ezup canopy on it and bolted it up. When I removed the weight it bounced back to normal. I didn't tell ya about that sooner cause I thought it was just a flaw with mine
Old 03-05-2014, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks. Now I just need to decide what if any lights to put on.

I figured up to bring the ends in. Guess it didn't matter. I will have to try to put some weight on it to see if it will go back down....
Old 03-05-2014, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did you mount the rear with the stock bumpers?
The following users liked this post:
Wicket (10-28-2019)
Old 03-05-2014, 03:52 PM
JK Freak

Looks Great Bob!!
Glad it all worked out for you.

myunlimited, he followed my install post, see my sigblock for the link (GaragePro Roof Rack)
Old 03-05-2014, 03:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bobstew1
Got it on. Found out the bars are all the same size. I had to bow the front bar to allow install.....

Hopefully picture comes thru...

Bob
So what windshield light mounts are you using that fit with the rack? Not that I need them, but always wondered which ones might or might not fit.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:40 PM
JK Newbie

Phantasm- to be honest, I am not sure. I got them from Quadratec when the lights and mounts were part or a deal. They are KC Apollo series.

As far as the bumper, I did follow Phantasm's write up. I think he may have a template for the bumper cut out- which I found out about after the fact. That would save you from multiple cuts. But it was not too bad with what is written up.

Let me know if you have any questions- it is still pretty fresh......
Old 03-24-2014, 03:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm considering buying this rack and basket as well. Were you able to install it with the stock bumper on? I'll be bolting on instead of drilling.

Phantasm- to be honest, I am not sure. I got them from Quadratec when the lights and mounts were part or a deal. They are KC Apollo series.

As far as the bumper, I did follow Phantasm's write up. I think he may have a template for the bumper cut out- which I found out about after the fact. That would save you from multiple cuts. But it was not too bad with what is written up.

Old 09-16-2018, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Default Baracade roof rack stock bumper cut templete.

Hi, I'm new to this forum stuff, so please excuse me if I mess this up the first time. My son just got his first jeep jku and is starting his build. He just bought last weekend a Baracade roof roof rack. He has an aftermarket front bumper but a stock rear bumper. My idea was to drill a 2inch hole and feed it through the rest bumper. I read on your post that someone...(Phantasm) on this forum has a template for an exact cut on the rear bumper. I was hoping someone could tell me how to contact him or find a way to download the template, before we try mounting it. Thank you for any help you can give me.

Last edited by Cableguy18510; 09-16-2018 at 07:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Barricade roof rack cross bars-same size?