Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decisions Decisions

Old 01-02-2007, 03:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Decisions Decisions

Hello all; wife just gave me the green light to go ahead and lift our Blk Sahara JK. So, here are a few questions, any help would be appreciated:

1. Where can I order a full traction lift (I am located in San Antonio)

2. 3" or 4" (which will have less overall troublesome issues ESP, Xtrme Angles, etc.....)?

3. I would like to keep my stock 17"s for now, so what tire combo will match up?

4. Lastly, will I need to use wheel spacers if so, what size ( 1.25 or 1.5)?

Thank you, any help is Greatly Appreciated

I am hopefully looking to have this done as fast as I can get the parts!!!
Old 01-02-2007, 04:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quadratec.com has them, as well as other online places. But I would call them first to make sure they have them in stock and not just drop shipping them, drop shipped will take longer to get to you.

The lift height would depend on how large of tires you plan on running, 3" lift would allow you to fit 35"s. actually you can even fit 35"s with a 2.5" spacer lift as well. as far as keeping things simple, I'd stay 3" or under. Wayoflife has good write up on installing the 3" lift. and so far everyone running 3" or lower do not seem to have many problems, I am not sure about 4" tho.

Good luck whatever you do, and look around, I am sure you can find enough posts around here to help you decide.

Quick Reply: Decisions Decisions