Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake Air Filter Life time question...

Old 09-17-2018, 10:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake Air Filter Life time question...

Hello group !! I have a question, I run rugged ridge cold air intake since 2012, I have two filters (SKU: 17753.01) I do rotation with filter...One under hood and the other one clean and ready to use. I swap filter around 4 times by years. So my question, do I need to replace my both filter after 6 years of normal use let says....., it's like each filter has been used 3 years,,, After this time, should I start using brand new filter ? I used k&N cleaning kit. What do you think ?!
I know filter are really cheap compare to motor problem that a bad filter can create... but just want to have your mind here !

thanks !

Karl
Old 09-17-2018, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I don't see why you'd need to replace them. I've got the same snorkel with a K&N filter and its been with the jeep for 186k miles. I don't plan on replacing it.

Quick Reply: Intake Air Filter Life time question...