Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jack — 48” or 60”?

Old 09-16-2018, 03:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jack — 48” or 60”?

Wanted to keep a off road jack with me. Do I really need something more than48”?
Old 09-16-2018, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

I've got a 60" and it is inconvenient to carry -but- when you are winching the jeep out of a swamp, or snow in your area, you'll appreciate the extra length that accounts for slack in the line. I've considered cutting mine down to 48" but it's just too practical at the longer length when you really need it. Another spot where the extra height was great was on the beach. A friend lost power to the front axle and the rear end sank in. We used the extra height to pick up the entire back end of the jeep to put plywood underneath.
Old 09-17-2018, 03:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks...helpful advice

....well thought out
Old 09-17-2018, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by karls10jk
I've got a 60" and it is inconvenient to carry -but- when you are winching the jeep out of a swamp, or snow in your area, you'll appreciate the extra length that accounts for slack in the line. I've considered cutting mine down to 48" but it's just too practical at the longer length when you really need it. Another spot where the extra height was great was on the beach. A friend lost power to the front axle and the rear end sank in. We used the extra height to pick up the entire back end of the jeep to put plywood underneath.
xxxxx2 lol

Quick Reply: Jack — 48” or 60”?