Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about finding some cheap headers. Thoughts?

Old 09-16-2018, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Thinking about finding some cheap headers. Thoughts?

Im pretty sure I have an exhaust leak either from the gasket or the stock manifolds. I figured it might be worth just replacing the manifolds with some headers while I'm at it as they seem fairly cheap and easy to install. What do you guys recommend? Is there any tuning needed for a header install on the 3.8L? Any brands worth looking at?
Old 09-16-2018, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Go with Dorman manifolds, they've got a lifetime warranty. Headers are a waste. They burn up plug wires and have the same leaking issues you'll have with stock manifolds.
The following users liked this post:
Wandell (09-25-2018)
Old 09-24-2018, 12:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Obx headers

Originally Posted by AXIS
Im pretty sure I have an exhaust leak either from the gasket or the stock manifolds. I figured it might be worth just replacing the manifolds with some headers while I'm at it as they seem fairly cheap and easy to install. What do you guys recommend? Is there any tuning needed for a header install on the 3.8L? Any brands worth looking at?
My 3.8 Jk is boosted so maybe not the best answer to your question but a set of obx long tube headers moved the torque lower and enhanced drivability while being top HP neutral as dyno tested. I am told ripp headers are the best but these were 3 times the price. Don't bother with shorty headers. The stock manifolds are just as good from a performance point of view. You will need a tune to see any real benefit. Good luck.
​​​​

Quick Reply: Thinking about finding some cheap headers. Thoughts?