Notices
JK Forum Contest and Giveaways! Featured Jeep of the Month contest plus other giveaway opportunities!

Season of Giving 2.0 Rock Krawler "Your Adventure Awaits"

Old 12-19-2017, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Rock Krawler! Here's my favorite and most memorable adventure with "Chunk", my Jeep. We were driving from Florida to West Virginia. Just me, my dog and Chunk. During this road trip is how my Jeep got the name Chunk! If your familiar with Florida then you're aware of the crazy amout of rumble strips they use on the interstates here..esp in and around Tampa. It's crazy! Not only are there a lot of them, they're like major big..violent more like it. Well, they've been working on 75 for ever now and you'll hit these rumble strips out in the middle of 75 because it's unavoidable due to construction. Have you ever seen the movie "The Goonies"? At the beginning of the movie a boy named "Chunk" has to do a little jig they called the "Truffel Shuffle". Well, when we hit that patch of rumble strips on 75N; me, my dog and my Jeep were doing our best impression of the "Truffle Shuffle". Hence the nickname "Chunk". I still laugh thinking about how we were bouncing around inside my Jeep uncontrollably. If you'd seen my dog.. totally priceless!
Old 12-19-2017, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Rock Krawler, my favorite Jeep Adventure was a trip my girlfriend and I took of the National Parks in Arizona / Utah. We spent most of our trip in Moab of course! We did the trip solo so we got to tackle Poison Spider on our own, Tower Arch in Canyon Lands NP Gemini Bridges and White Rim Trail.

We had a great time, earned a few scrapes on Poison Spider and got a nod of approval from the local offroad tour guide!

Thanks again RockCrawler for the opportunity to win!
Old 12-21-2017, 12:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My favorite Jeep adventure so far was taking my 2yr old twins on their first light off-road outing in Sedona. They were laughing and pointing at everything and the smiles never ended. There's no better feeling than seeing your kids light up like it's Christmas morning over something so simple as seeing a Jeep, or having the Jeep topless. My boys are full blown obsessed with Jeeps and they aren't even 3 yet.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:00 AM
JK Newbie

So far, my favorite jeep trip was in a dry river bed in Northern CA with a good group of Jeepers!
Old 12-21-2017, 10:28 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

My favorite Jeep adventure changes with each new adventure but if I had to pick one to date it would the Rubicon Trail.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

I Think my favorite adventure isn't one specific time but every time I have driven to a winter fire call, nothing makes me prouder of my Jeep is knowing that it helps me get around all the snow to help a neighbor in need.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:04 AM
JK Newbie

My most memorable adventure in my Jeep was my last. My family and I went to Wolf Caves in Mason, TX. I was able to fully test the ability of my Jeep, but also spend 8 hours of unnnterruored time with my wife and kids enjoying and exploring the park. These are moments I hope my kids look back on fondly as they get older.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:55 AM
JK Newbie

Tell Rock Krawler your favorite Jeep Adventure
My best and favorite adventure is my trips to Ouray Co. The area is the most beautiful place I have ever been through. During one trip there my family were in 2 vehicles and I suggested a short cut to save time and mileage. It took us 3 hours to go 4 miles. Pretty rough terrain but worth it. The trail was quite challenging by we saw some of the most beautiful off the beaten path scenery. Natural Water falls streams and everything in between. So much for the short cut. My family still gives me a hard time about my short cuts and the goat trails as they call them that I always seem to find. There is nothing better or more valuable than spending time with my family in a Jeep out in the great outdoors.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

The contest is closed. Winner will be announced at 6:00 pm PST. Post past this will not be counted.

R/
Will
Old 12-22-2017, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Gentleman and ladies I must apologize for the last post. The winner of this years "Rock Krawler, Your Adventure Awaits is post number 18 Rick Grimes. Congratulations. Thank you for sharing your Jeep adventures and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas.

R/
Will
The following users liked this post:
Rick Grimes (12-23-2017)