Notices
JK Garage - Member Builds Post your Jeep builds here and share your experiences on the build with the JK-Forum community.

I’ve got a question and didn’t know where to post it.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I’ve got a question and didn’t know where to post it.

I have a 2 door JK and am looking for something to fill in the wells behind the seats so the back is flat for the dogs. Does anyone know of a company that makes something like that?

Thanks for any help!
Brian
Old 09-18-2018, 11:47 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

You are probably unlikely to spend this much for the pups to be comfortable, but this company makes some really nice stuff -

https://www.goose-gear.com/products/...-plate-systems

If you're handy, you could probably make something out of some plywood and 2x6, and cover it with carpet for pretty cheap.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:07 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info.... they are awfully proud of their plywood. You are probably right going to have to build my own.
Old 09-18-2018, 05:25 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

It is nice stuff, and very popular among overlanders mainly. They have a whole system that works together.

There are several out there that have done similar things, though mainly with JKUs. If you have few saws and some time though, you can make some things that are pretty nice, and some spray adhesive and fabric from joann goes a long way to helping it blend right in. I have a storage trunk along the lines of ronjenx's design that's out there, and it folds over my rear seats (JKU) for a flat floor/sleeping platform. I've bedlined my structure to blend in with my bedlined tub, and I can tell you THAT is not great for dogs to stand on, in fact it's pretty slippery as they can't get traction. As a suggestion, you can use the existing tie-down bolts/threads to secure it in place if need be. I'd say some 3/4" plywood, and a few support structures where the foot well dips would not be too hard to do.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:19 AM
JK Newbie

I used a couple outdoor rubber welcome mats from Home Depot, flipped them (flat side up) and it works fine for my 170# Newfie. Plus they come out easy for cleaning. Total cost was 30 bucks or so. I didn't bother with the void, he seems not to be bothered by it at all.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:11 PM
JK Newbie

I cut a stall mat to fit, now to figure out support structure.
Old 11-13-2018, 04:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I were to take my seat out I would just get a large dog bed and lay that down.

Quick Reply: I’ve got a question and didn’t know where to post it.