Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Decline of JK forum

Old 12-24-2017, 12:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Decline of JK forum

I hate to say it but my hunch from several months ago seems to be coming true. I feel and see a decline in the content and shear number of posts on this forum. Use to be that if I didn't log in for a day or two there would be all kinds of interesting threads that I missed out on. Now it seems to be rather stagnant. Really not much going on....at all. I think the JL being the "latest and greatest" has alot to do with it. Heck, even the vendors seem to be skipping out. Last year there were about 12 contests/giveaways, this year....not so much. Kind of sad, I grew accustomed to this forum being so popular.
Old 12-24-2017, 01:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

I kinda feel the same way. I've been on the forum for almost 6 years. Traffic certainly seems to have reduced.
Old 12-24-2017, 01:36 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

I've been thinking the same thing on each of three forums.
I don't think it's related to the JL at all.
It's more the normal ebb and flow of people's interests.
Also, there is enough information on the various JK forums that people can find answers to their questions without posting.
The following users liked this post:
RVAWrangler (09-11-2018)
Old 12-24-2017, 02:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a shame as I have always enjoyed the topics on here
Old 12-24-2017, 10:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
I've been thinking the same thing on each of three forums.
I don't think it's related to the JL at all.
It's more the normal ebb and flow of people's interests.
Also, there is enough information on the various JK forums that people can find answers to their questions without posting.
I concur with the "normal ebb and flow" sentiment.
Old 12-25-2017, 07:58 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Traffic was declining across the board on all JK forums prior to the ramp up of the JL. As others have mentioned, its normal ebb and flow. Almost all questions relating to this platform have been asked and answered (multiple times) so the number of new threads drops drastically.
Old 12-25-2017, 03:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

This is a great forum and is full of great people who have helped me in too many ways to count. I've got a new JL Rubicon on order, but I'll still be around here. My JK isn't going anywhere. It is 10 years old with 120k miles on it, but looks, drives, and runs like new.

This has been one of the most enjoyable forums in which I've participated.
Old 12-26-2017, 09:52 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Yup, for the last couple months it seems I've been concerned about the lack of new posts. It's like everything just dried up. It seemed like a lot of regulars dropped off the radar back when the app was killed and people were forced to use Garage Talk, and then either mid-Oct or early November I started noticing activity just died. Quite depressing in general. I wondered if some of it had to do with the JL, but just not sure that's all of it. I'd say it's a normal ebb and flow, but I don't recall anything like this over an extended period of a couple months. Although I'm thankful for any and all opportunities, I was a bit depressed the holiday stuff was limited to an RK giveaway and the Morris 4x4 giveaway......moreso that it seemed like an indication of waning interest in this forum. There were only 25 or so entries in the RK giveaway......for ~$1200 in parts! Last year giveaways had 100 or more entries it seems. It's concerning that from a membership aspect, participation has declined, and from a sponsor aspect, it feels like they see less value in the members.

I'm gonna have to start reading the JL forums just so I have something to do.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes, I get the ebb and flow too but I've been a member since 2011 and there haven't been any ebbs like this! Seemed to flow pretty well for the better part of 7 years. Very depressing for sure. I'm with the above post. I've already joined the JL forums even though I don't plan on buying one.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:38 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

I'd also add that it's not only lack of new posts, but it also seems like the lack of support/opinions/advise have waned. I don't start many threads just by nature of not having many issues, but when I do it's typically some weird crap or question.....still, would think people would chime in with some comment or opinion at least. I couldn't get even 1 response on this recent thread -

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...olding-344505/

It wasn't a stupid question. Would have thought at least someone with an older model would have known if that molding over the seat belt unit was removable or not. I ended up figuring out my answer.....but man, just crickets.

Quick Reply: Decline of JK forum