Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Decline of JK forum

Old 09-12-2018, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

I have also come around on the infinite scroll. I really like it to scroll backwards through a thread, but it does still throw me if I scroll down too far and get into a different thread.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I concur there has ben a decline in content across pretty much all forums I'm on. I think people have replaced their regular forum posting with social media posting. Its a more direct faster line of communication and just like people have found it frustrating to post here and not get responses its the exact opposite on social media so people are naturally gravitating towards those types of venues. Just a thought.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:56 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

@speedlimit is there a way to change the tagging notifications? I got tagged in something today, and it's kind of annoying to get a PM when I'm already subscribed to a thread if I've posted in it. PM inbox isn't large enough to start getting addition PMs, on top of two emails to my email address (one for when i get a PM, and one for being subscribed to a thread). It's aggravating to have to go in and purge PMs cuz inbox is full and that is keeping someone from sending a PM to a user.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:31 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
@speedlimit is there a way to change the tagging notifications? I got tagged in something today, and it's kind of annoying to get a PM when I'm already subscribed to a thread if I've posted in it. PM inbox isn't large enough to start getting addition PMs, on top of two emails to my email address (one for when i get a PM, and one for being subscribed to a thread). It's aggravating to have to go in and purge PMs cuz inbox is full and that is keeping someone from sending a PM to a user.
Hi!

Yes, go to your User Control Panel under 'Edit Options' private messages make sure the option 'Receive a Private Message Notification each time I am tagged' is not checked.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/prof...do=editoptions

Private Messaging
"You can choose to receive a Private Message Notification every time you are tagged in other users' posts." Be sure to save your changes at the bottom of the page.

Bob
Old 09-14-2018, 04:07 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
I don't know about anyone else, but this infinite scroll feature is pretty annoying ....
This. I've been around a few years, going back to the days of Usenet. "Annoying" is the correct word. Is it possible for us old heads to turn it off?
Old 09-14-2018, 04:10 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghost JK
... There is also so much technical information in this forum, much more than in any others I've seen.
This, too. The history in this forum is superb. It answers many questions that many new owners of JKs ask. I guess that's why this is the only "mass" forum in which I participate.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:21 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
This. I've been around a few years, going back to the days of Usenet. "Annoying" is the correct word. Is it possible for us old heads to turn it off?
Why yes, we have a feature designed for 'Seniors' (longtime members). Visit the Edit Options in your User Control Panel linked below and turn it off.

Thank you for your longtime contributions to this community.

Bob

Mark Doiron (09-18-2018)
Old 09-15-2018, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by speedlimit
Why yes, we have a feature designed for 'Seniors' (longtime members). Visit the Edit Options in your User Control Panel linked below and turn it off.

Thank you for your longtime contributions to this community.

Bob
Thank you! The good times are now back for me. These 2 new feature items were the ones which were annoying the heck out of me.

Quick Reply: Decline of JK forum