Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Proud owner of a JK - Jeep Newbie

Old 11-19-2007, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proud owner of a JK - Jeep Newbie

Finally made the jump and signed the Purchase & Sale today. I am the proud owner of a 2008 Sahara 4X4, Metalic Blue. Had a deposit on the Black, but after more thought, narrowed it down to jeep green & metalic blue. I let me kids decide! I ended up at invoice + $500. which was around $2k under sticker. Would have liked to have bought at invoice, but there was only 2 jeeps with the options that I wanted within 500 miles. I bought it from a dealer 6 miles from my home, and he had to trade it from another dealer,, so I decided that the price was justified. After reading many posts, I was paranoid about the hard top leaking. I had the sales rep hose down the jeep for 20 minutes while I sat inside, heat on, radio on in comfort, 30 degrees out - I actually felt bad for him. NO LEAKS at least for that small test. I pick it up tomorrow so I will take some pictures and post to the forum.
Thanks for all the advise and input.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome to the family.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fredyp
I had the sales rep hose down the jeep for 20 minutes while I sat inside, heat on, radio on in comfort, 30 degrees out - I actually felt bad for him. NO LEAKS at least for that small test. I pick it up tomorrow so I will take some pictures and post to the forum.
Thanks for all the advise and input.
I should have done the same don't feel bad. Welcome to the club and don't forget to wave

Which color did you buy by the way?
Old 11-20-2007, 03:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fredyp
...narrowed it down to jeep green & metalic blue. I let me kids decide! I ended up at invoice + $500. which was around $2k under sticker. Would have liked to have bought at invoice...
Sweet deal! Nice touch letting your kids decide the color -- they'll never forget it! Don't worry about the price -- the long term joy of your Jeep will quickly overshadow any remorse you may feel about not fighting for that last dollar. You did great!

Again, congrats!
Old 11-20-2007, 05:42 AM
JK Freak

Welcome to the family!!! And don't feel bad about making him freeze; cause you now feel better about your purchase and that is what really matters!!

And the Kids thing ....You have to let them take part it makes them feel so important!!!

I did not get to pick my color ..I was picking Transmission and got stuck with color...any way my family laughed at it and my wife called it SHREK GREEN and my daughter called it HULK GREEN and as you can tell from my screen name which one got to stick!!!!

Last edited by HULKGREEN; 11-20-2007 at 05:47 AM.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:37 AM
JK Newbie

Sounds like a great deal! So far I am having a heck of a time finding a local dealer who will sell at $500 over invoice Everyone wants sticker! So congrats on getting a good deal on it!!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:38 PM
JK Newbie

I just signed up for a 2011 JK two door 3.8 manual today with 2" lift. I was really considering waiting for the 3.6 to be released here in AUS but that is still a way off and the deal was just way too good to pass up - all the dealers made it clear there would be no chance of any discounts and there will be a pretty steep increase in cost over the 11 sticker prices here in AUS (so much for our 'good' dollar???)

Also seeing my current vehicle lease ends in about a week I needed to move fast, get used to walking, or rely for a time on the wifes Toyota (unlikely I'd get that from her).

I have relied on this forum for guidance and it has been absolutely fantastic - thanks to all.

Now the mods start - ARB bull bar and 33s to start ...... and will be using all of your experience to assist.

Thanks again

Aussie Mike
Old 12-14-2011, 09:40 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy cow, this thread is 4 years old.... Welcome!
Old 12-15-2011, 08:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This new fella is just efficient, reusing the old thread.

Welcome!

Is funny though, I got my 07 about the time this thread started.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Good recycling of the oldie thread. Very "green" of you.

Welcome aboard!

Quick Reply: Proud owner of a JK - Jeep Newbie