Notices
Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler Overall Jeep TJ & YJ Wrangler technical discussion bulletin board forum. This includes all Jeep Wranglers made between 1987-2006 and includes models such as the Unlimited, Rubicon, Sahara, Sport and X.

Track bar loose

Old 02-27-2018, 05:51 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track bar loose

New to me LJ and starting to fix all the little problems. Two questions. The arrow is pointing to the bolt that has slop and trying to figure out how to fix. I do not recognize this type. I'm thinking the hole needs to be drilled and larger bolt but never seen this type of fitting.
Second question is if the track bar mount is stock? Looks to be a bad weld job. Have not been able to find a good picture of a stock one. Any ideas?
Old 02-27-2018, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

That is stock for a TJ/ LJ and you may be stuck with that diameter bolt based on the diameter bushing you've got in your track bar. There are some manufacturers that have you drill out the stock frameside hole to accept the larger diameter bolt.

To properly drill that hole, you've got to remove other components up front, tie rod if I'm remembering correctly. It's soft metal and drills out easily though.

Good luck with your task of getting that issue straightened out.
Old 02-28-2018, 08:12 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

I don't have any experience with the TJs, but could you not just weld a really beefy washers to the mount to reinforce the hole like we would on a JK, or is the REAL issue that would obviously lower the frame side TB mount by the thickness of the washer, and THAT would be enough to then affect the handling? Was this a less common issue on the TJ just due to the thickness of that mount compared to the wimpy bracket on the JK? I'm just asking out of curiosity.....
Old 07-22-2018, 10:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

error.....

Last edited by Hskr4x4; 07-22-2018 at 10:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Track bar loose