Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeepbronco1 SUT build (my mini truck build)

Old 07-05-2015, 03:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Squatch
This build inspired me to join the site. Curious how did you acheive the rear stretch and what brand is the lift? All i ever see are 1" stretch 4dr kits.
Thank you ! It's RK long arm lift and then I just moved the brackets further back . So you can achieve whatever stretch you need . Hope it helps !
Old 07-05-2015, 03:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chapman89
Wow this thing is sick! Nice build!
Thanks man !
Old 07-05-2015, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepbronco1
Thank you ! It's RK long arm lift and then I just moved the brackets further back . So you can achieve whatever stretch you need . Hope it helps !
Thanks for the answer. Did you have to adjust the front out any to clear the 41s at full stuff and full turn?
Old 07-05-2015, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the answer. Did you have to adjust the front out any to clear the 41s at full stuff and full turn?
I moved the front forward a few inches as well , but I do rub on full lock . A ford d60 has 8" of ram movement and stock jeep has 6" if I recall correctly . I had to restrict my ram to 8" for both my steering box and other wise id rub big time .

You can special order from RK your control arms . You can get them with less bend as well as longer . If my link were straigher I could have less rub . Also you will need to notch the frame unless you go quiet a bit wider , You will have rubbing issues there. All in all it rubs a little here and there but it isn't enough for me to worry about
Old 07-05-2015, 12:28 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepbronco1
I moved the front forward a few inches as well , but I do rub on full lock . A ford d60 has 8" of ram movement and stock jeep has 6" if I recall correctly . I had to restrict my ram to 8" for both my steering box and other wise id rub big time .

You can special order from RK your control arms . You can get them with less bend as well as longer . If my link were straigher I could have less rub . Also you will need to notch the frame unless you go quiet a bit wider , You will have rubbing issues there. All in all it rubs a little here and there but it isn't enough for me to worry about
So mainly rubbing on the control arms? I thought the bend was inboard of the jeep? Exactly where did you notch the frame and would you happen to have a pic of that?What exactly is your WMS around 70" with a d60? Sorry for all the questions but your the only person i have found runnign the same tire combo and lift height that im after.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

So mainly rubbing on the control arms? I thought the bend was inboard of the jeep? Exactly where did you notch the frame and would you happen to have a pic of that?What exactly is your WMS around 70" with a d60? Sorry for all the questions but your the only person i have found runnign the same tire combo and lift height that im after.

No prob I asked tons of questions to ...

I don't have pictures of the frame notch . The control arms will get a little rub either way but a straighter control arm in the front will give you more up travel . The control arms make contact with the frame due to there upward bend and the low lift ... So I had to use more bumpstops to avoid that . I still get 4" of up travel but could have more if you wanted it and wanted to stay low . My wms is 69" I want to go wider when I get new wheels which would help with rubbing .
Old 08-28-2018, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

V8 swap complete! boy its fun
Old 12-10-2018, 07:34 AM
JK Newbie

I have a few questions for you I also want to put 42s under mine with 3.5 lift. Did you ever take measurements of your stretch like control arms, track width and wheelbase measurements? I am on a RK 3.5 mid arm now. Do you have anymore pics of how you did your fenders and armor? Thanks!
Old 12-10-2018, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I might have more pictures buried in past post.... I have more stuff on similar threads on JKO . I do not have any exact measurements of mounting points but I took the measurements RK gave and just moved the back 2-3” and the front forward about 1-2”. Hope that helps . If you need any exact measurements let me know.
The following users liked this post:
Ducttape4all (12-11-2018)
Old 01-14-2019, 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

Can you take the measurements of your rear control arms for me. Are they in the stock locations? My direct email is Tommygun_44@yahoo.com I am moving forward with my build right now. Thank you!!

Quick Reply: Jeepbronco1 SUT build (my mini truck build)