Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Where to find hood lettering?

Old 09-04-2018, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Where to find hood lettering?

I've been poking around a bit, and I'm having trouble finding exactly what I'm looking for, so perhaps someone has some information they'd care to share.

I'm looking for a match on the stock Rubicon hood lettering. I want to just trade the "I" for a "Y" to make it "Rubycon" (as I've named my Jeep Ruby), but I'm having trouble finding where to get them. Really just need one Y for each side, and in a close enough match to the existing lettering that it won't stand out as being different without stopping to actually read it.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
Old 09-04-2018, 10:40 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

This is just personal opinion, but I think 1) you're going to have a hard time matching font and possibly color/finish, but I think the bigger issue will be 2) considering the spacing available for the "I", trying to squeeze a "Y" in there is going to make the spacing look odd. I really think you might be better off redoing the full decal with the name as you want it. I could be wrong, but that's just my initial thought.
Old 09-04-2018, 11:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Yeah, the spacing (kerning for you typography nerds) is something else I was worried about... I want to make it look as stock as possible, and you're right that I'm likely going to just have to redo it, but I would think that someone would offer a good copy of the factory lettering...
Old 09-04-2018, 11:30 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Y, I think the real issue in getting that is going to be copyright font. I'd bet you could find something close if you redo the full thing and wanted to retain as close to stock look as possible. Easier than trying to match it exactly. If I recall, factory decals came off much easier than aftermarket vinyls. I redid my aftermarket lettering, and man that was a pain to remove.
Old 09-04-2018, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Contact the dude at PixelDecals. He does custom stickers all day long and they look factory good. I bought an eBay special and he picked out the nuances where the font wasn't quite factory correct.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

X2 on the PixelDecals. I've ordered from them, including custom work and its top notch.
Old 09-04-2018, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes PixelDecals is the way to go. https://www.pixeldecals.com/shop/

Quick Reply: Where to find hood lettering?