Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Jeep jk wrangler 730n/rhr radio installation write-up

Old 10-13-2015, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WxNerd2015

And definitely, if yo uneed anymore help, go ahead and ask more questions, I will usually respond fairly quickly!

Type is: NTG4 REN if that helps
Old 10-13-2015, 05:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by albertmald9

Well I just got it and I'm not sure how I feel. First, the package had to bubble wrap, packing foam, nothing. The radio looks fine but we'll see if it works.
The model is 6825/6826 and the front says REN. Based on a quite frantic search, I'm concluding that this isn't even a navigation unit, am I wrong?
Yeah, REN is the model which I had first before I had done any research. This model is the touchscreen, however this is the non-navigation. So u r correct in that.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Type is: NTG4 REN if that helps
If you do still want to use this radio, u could go to OEM Auto Parts Co site and search for the lockpick Air which can mirror your phone screen on there, do get navigation, but to b honest, I do not know if the lockpick works with the REN, as well as I'm sure u would b happier with the actual navigation unit than that.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

Yeah, REN is the model which I had first before I had done any research. This model is the touchscreen, however this is the non-navigation. So u r correct in that.
Yup, looks like I got scammed. Guy sold it as a nav unit, just called him and he said he told me via text that it is not nav. I asked him for the texts, because I never received them, he said he did not have them.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

If you do still want to use this radio, u could go to OEM Auto Parts Co site and search for the lockpick Air which can mirror your phone screen on there, do get navigation, but to b honest, I do not know if the lockpick works with the REN, as well as I'm sure u would b happier with the actual navigation unit than that.

I might try this actually.

Last edited by albertmald9; 10-13-2015 at 05:40 PM.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry to keep crashing your thread like this but I still tried to start it up and check it out. At first it wouldn't turn on, then it did and was playing music fine. I turned my jeep off and turned it back on and again, nothing. The green light around the volume knob will shine for a half second here and there. Do you have any idea what could be happening?
Old 10-13-2015, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yup, looks like I got scammed. Guy sold it as a nav unit, just called him and he said he told me via text that it is not nav. I asked him for the texts, because I never received them, he said he did not have them.
Yep, ya gotta make sure u get better documentation and more pics and what not I guess before ya agree so u can b sure of what ur getting, oh well!
Old 10-13-2015, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry to keep crashing your thread like this but I still tried to start it up and check it out. At first it wouldn't turn on, then it did and was playing music fine. I turned my jeep off and turned it back on and again, nothing. The green light around the volume knob will shine for a half second here and there. Do you have any idea what could be happening?
Np at all! Started it for these kinds of questions, so I'm sure u aren't the only one wondering this stuff! Well, could b loose plug or wiring, could be the radio still "learning" the vehicle (though this is unlikely), maybe something got jostled loose inside (which could b the worst case), maybe just something in the plugs was bent? Idk? Too many possibilities with that for me to say anything for certian! Check how the plugs r sitting and check all connectors to b sure that they r in working order!
Old 10-13-2015, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

Yep, ya gotta make sure u get better documentation and more pics and what not I guess before ya agree so u can b sure of what ur getting, oh well!
Very true. I usually am careful with craigslist type purchase but being that this guy posted it in the "for sale" section of another jeep forum, i trusted it. Whether it be a 430 or 730, the price was low. I didn't think someone would do something like that on a public forum among our jeep community but what are you gonna do, right? I'll see if paypal can do something, I made sure to pay him for goods sold (he is considered a seller) so I could file a dispute in case anything went south. We'll see I guess.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:26 PM
JK Newbie

Np at all! Started it for these kinds of questions, so I'm sure u aren't the only one wondering this stuff! Well, could b loose plug or wiring, could be the radio still "learning" the vehicle (though this is unlikely), maybe something got jostled loose inside (which could b the worst case), maybe just something in the plugs was bent? Idk? Too many possibilities with that for me to say anything for certian! Check how the plugs r sitting and check all connectors to b sure that they r in working order!
Well I did get it back on and running, kind of by unplugging and plugging in the back. Moving it around. I think something did get jostled loose inside as it took a little bit of wiggling to get it back. I tried running diagnostics in engineering mode but nothing really came of it. I think I'm going to look out for an Ebay deal to come my way

Quick Reply: Jeep jk wrangler 730n/rhr radio installation write-up