Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

A Pillar

Old 09-07-2018, 01:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Pillar

Hello hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has ever put a 12 Volt Cigarette Port into the A Pillar, if so how did it do for you? Does anyone know if there is a company that makes them already built in? Also, I'm looking for various websites for custom Carling Contura Rocker Switches other than the standard ones that pop up on a google search. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much,

Romad54

Old 09-07-2018, 06:52 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

I have a couple garage door buttons mounted in to my driver's side a-pillar (with the remote the buttons are tied to hidden in the side of my dash). I think the problem you'd have with a 12v power supply (cig lighter style) is the space available behind the plastic molding. I'm not certain you have the depth available to insert something that deep. I'd yank that molding off and take a look at the backside of it to judge. If the space is there, it wouldn't be an issue, but you'd have to avoid ribs and such on the backside of the molding. I think placement would be difficult.

Quick Reply: A Pillar