Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Tire pressure deflator/inflator/pressure equallizer(2 tires at the same time)

Old 04-02-2008, 09:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is supergenious!!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 06:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

VBS, make more, I want one!!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:21 AM
JK Freak

AWESOME INGENUITY HERE. Just built one of these over the weekend. I made a few changes:

- Went down to 1/4" hose because Harbor Freight was having a sidewalk sale. I don't think this will affect the speed of airing down, but may slightly?

- I left 25' of hose on mine (25' 1/4" hose was on sale for cheaper than 15'), figuring someone may want to borrow sometime on a truck, larger rig, or even go from one corner to the opposite. Easier to cut shorter than longer later.

- I moved the guage hose cut split to one side...a few feet from where it hooks onto one wheel. This allows me to set it up on my bumper and hopefully keep the whole thing out of the dirt or mud. The extra line above can be easily draped over the hood or on the bumper to the other side.

- As far as airing DOWN...it's great. Very cheap and fairly fast. Clips on the tire valve stems way faster than someone can screw on a Staun or other air deflator.

- Airing UP...this is a little more difficult.

- I went ahead and attached a standard home style air compressor fitting on the open end of the valve. I can easily snap on my home air compressor and open the valve to air UP quickly.

- On the trail...the fittings for most small portable air compressors attach directly over the tire valve stem. The valve stem is much smaller than a 1/4" brass fitting. I used a standard fitting like what is on my home compressor, and then a couple brass fittings and actually tighted them down on a tire valve stem...so I have a removable adapter than hooks on and has a valve stem at the end. **The brass pieces to do this the way I did were as much as the whole rest of the assembly. There has to be a better way.

End result is that I have a guage that airs down great, and does 2 tires at once and keeps them 100% pressure balanced. I can air up using a normal home style compressor, or I can attach the small style compressor that clips over the valve stem.

My questions are:

1) Can anyone think of a better way to AIR UP with attachments? (Finding smaller brass fitting seems to be difficult.)

2) If airing up with a small portable compressor, will it work very well? We're talking about A LOT OF VOLUME with 2x35's (or larger). The pressure is no greater than a single tire, but will the sheer volume cause problems?

(I gotta remember to take some pictures of the guage and air UP adapter to post on here.)
Old 06-09-2008, 09:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I air up with CO2....you can hook a power tool/home style fitting to most CO2 tanks!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:25 AM
JK Freak

i think u should get the macgyver award for this! this is stellar and in anyone's price range! very slick sir!
Old 06-17-2008, 09:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

amazing
Old 06-17-2008, 09:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks everyone.
I thought it might be an item everyone could use.

Old 06-22-2008, 09:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Super cool
Old 07-30-2008, 05:33 PM
JK Freak

Love it. So simple, yet so efficient! Kudos
Old 07-31-2008, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

they always say the simplest ideas are the best

personally, i would patent that and market it, esp as its not expensive or hard to make and a good profit good could be made!

top work!

Quick Reply: Tire pressure deflator/inflator/pressure equallizer(2 tires at the same time)