Notices
New England If you live in the New England area (Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

CT shop or generous members /clubs?

Old 06-10-2014, 08:38 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CT shop or generous members /clubs?

Capital Jeep in Willimantic does installs according to the Steve, the service manager. That's where I bought the Jeep from & talked to them about installing the BB that's sitting at home. No idea on how good their work is though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by dirtysocks; 06-10-2014 at 08:39 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-09-2015, 05:55 AM
JK Newbie

Bumping this thread, anyone know anything about ACI Auto in East Windsor? I still haven't installed my BB yet, want to do that and maybe get new shocks installed.

Http://www.aciautogroup.com
Old 08-28-2015, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

No personal experience but the reviews online seem positive and they seem to focus on jeeps a bit. Shocks are super easy to install so you might want to give it a try before paying someone else to do it for you. I'm a med student in the area and would be happy to help on a weekend provided I'm not too busy with school stuff etc. I switched out my shocks on my sport for Rubi red ones not too long ago along with the higher rate springs.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be up there next month for good. I can help you install everything from lifts to gears( by help you bring beer and I'll show ha how). I'll be in gales ferry area near Groton base
Old 08-28-2015, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys! I actually ended up using ACI. They did a great job. I paid shop prices for labor, somewhere around $100/hr, and they installed the BB I supplied them and a set of Rancho RS7000MTs (paid full retail for the shocks). Took about 2hrs. Super nice guys and I would recommend to anyone who doesn't want to do the work themselves. They also carry the Rugged Ridge line of products and can order almost anything you want.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:45 AM
JK Newbie

Hey Fishrising / Gossamer I'm in West Hartford as well...

Another great Jeep place to get work done is J&J Automotive Customs in Southington, ask for John.
Old 05-16-2016, 05:44 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks!
Old 01-13-2017, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

After reading this thread as I was looking for a shop in CT I reached out to Jae at Briggs Tire. Very happy with the work he and the team there did. They were very fast and he stayed in communication with me the whole way through letting me know if anything came up. Even had to cut my rubi rails because the tires I chose were too big and it looks like factory.

I'll be going back for more work!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2111395088.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	590.5 KB
ID:	664422
Old 07-19-2018, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, sorry to bring up an old thread but wondering if Briggs Tire in Norwalk is still a good place to go in southwestern CT?

I’m looking to install new shocks and springs and would love to do it myself, I just don’t know how. I have a decent amount of the equipment to do it and would happily buy the rest if anyone of you feel especially generous and want to help me

Thanks,

Andrew

Edit for follow up: I ended up working with a friend and getting all but the front passenger shock on. Went to Justin at Briggs and he took care of me. Really helpful and got it done quickly

Last edited by ajku; 08-03-2018 at 07:42 AM.

Quick Reply: CT shop or generous members /clubs?