Notices
Lone Star State If you live in Texas and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

DFW Meet and Greet

Old 09-26-2016, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SH0RTBUS
Don't know that I'm going to make it. I'll try, but I dug into my headlight outtage problem yesterday and turns out I need a new HID ballast. Not a huge issue since you can usually get a ballast just about anywhere. But I'm trying to get one from the guy that retro'd my lights so I can have it match the one that works. If not, I may just buy a new set of ballasts from him. One of the CCFL halos he put in there isn't working, either, which will mean sending the headlight housing itself back to him so he can fix it. I could probably do it myself, but I'm not comfortable taking the housing apart and resealing it. So we'll see what happens. For now I may just get the ballast and worry about the halo later. Until yesterday I hadn't wired them up since I first got the lights. Will keep you posted.
Hey man I have a set of stock headlights you can use if needed. Not to far from you. Let me know.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Canvas
I would like to host a Dallas/Fort Worth Metro Plex meet and greet and to talk about future wheeling trips. WHEN: 07 October 2016 TIME: 6:00-8:00 WHERE: Fuzzy's Taco's Shop 3100 Grapevine Mills Pkwy Ste 101, Grapevine, TX 76051

Attending:

1. Canvas +2
2. DHuval319 (If in town)
3. ShortBus if he can see at night
4. CJ7nvrstk if not working

Note: I will have JK-Forum windshield banners and stickers with me. R/ Will
Updates 26SEP16
Old 09-27-2016, 08:08 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Just ran across this post. I'm a bit to the west of Fort Worth, but need to meet a few new potential wheelin' buddies. If there will be at least a couple of you guys there I'd be willing to drive in to town for it.
Old 09-28-2016, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by resharp001
Just ran across this post. I'm a bit to the west of Fort Worth, but need to meet a few new potential wheelin' buddies. If there will be at least a couple of you guys there I'd be willing to drive in to town for it.
I live near Texas Motor Speedway so it is a bit of a drive for us.

Come on out and have some tacos

I will add you to the list.
Old 09-29-2016, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Canvas
I would like to host a Dallas/Fort Worth Metro Plex meet and greet and to talk about future wheeling trips.
WHEN: 07 October 2016
TIME: 6:00-8:00 WHERE: Fuzzy's Taco's Shop
3100 Grapevine Mills Pkwy Ste 101, Grapevine, TX 76051

Attending:
1. Canvas +2
2. DHuval319 (If in town)
3. ShortBus
4. CJ7nvrstk
5. resharp001

Note: I will have JK-Forum windshield banners and stickers with me.

R/ Will
Updated 9/28/2016

Thursday Bump. We are about 8 days out and would like to see more DFW JK-Forum members attend.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Update there are some irons in the fire and if all come to fruition the DFW Meet and Greet will be one to talk about. To find out you gotta come out and see.

R/
Will
Old 09-29-2016, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by pvanweelden
i dont think i will make it, but i do like Tacos!
Attachment 656327
Man who does not like taco's?
Old 09-29-2016, 07:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

As much as I would like to be on that list, I just don't think it's going to happen. I'm still stuck out west for work. I'm going to try and stay out here at least another 3 weeks if possible. Taking a trip down to Hidden Falls for the Lone Star Fall Crawl on the weekend of the 22nd though! Gotta at least get home a day or two before to get it cleaned up and get the new rock lights and CB installed! Gotta love new stuff! Maybe next time!
Old 09-30-2016, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jsukey
As much as I would like to be on that list, I just don't think it's going to happen. I'm still stuck out west for work. I'm going to try and stay out here at least another 3 weeks if possible. Taking a trip down to Hidden Falls for the Lone Star Fall Crawl on the weekend of the 22nd though! Gotta at least get home a day or two before to get it cleaned up and get the new rock lights and CB installed! Gotta love new stuff! Maybe next time!
Hey no worries as this will not be the last Meet and Greet we will have. Going to try and make it a quarterly gathering. One item of discussion for this meet and greet will be scheduling a trail run to Bridgeport before Christmas and start planning for some spring wheeling. Keep an eye on the Lone Star Staging area for new and exciting events.

R/
Will
Old 09-30-2016, 04:29 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Speaking of wheelin' trips, is anyone heading out to Crawl for a Cure at Barnwell Mountain (gilmer) this weekend? I'm heading that way after work tonight.

Quick Reply: DFW Meet and Greet