Notices
Lone Star State If you live in Texas and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

East texas

Old 01-29-2018, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default East texas

Not seeing much recent activity so thought I'd see if i can spark some interest.
First things first, I got my first Jeep back in May, I'm just now ready to start my list of mods. I have not done much research on "local" clubs but I'm aware there are many, especially in the Houston/Beaumont area. I live on the lake in Livingston Tx., so when I say East Texas I'm thinking north of Houston, south of Dallas, and east of I-45. Obviously (I'd hope) these boundaries DO NOT exclude anybody. I'm really just looking for Folks and stuff that may be "local" to me. You Texans know what I mean, here in Texas "local" can easily be 100-150 miles.
So, what's up, anybody checking in from East Texas?
Got any News, Clubs, or Events for East Texas?
Old 01-29-2018, 12:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Checking in from East Texas- Marshall/Longview area. How are you liking the jeep and what are your plans for it?
Old 01-29-2018, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Earth Siege
Checking in from East Texas- Marshall/Longview area. How are you liking the jeep and what are your plans for it?
As much as my budget/wife will tolerate.
Actually, I love the JKUR, and looking forward to getting more involved in the Jeep lifestyle/community.
I made a post in the "new guy" forum laying out my plans, short version is, 3.5" lift, 35" tires, bumpers and winch, gears 4;88-5;13, and drive shafts.

My daughter lives in Tyler so i get up that way from time to time.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:02 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

Originally Posted by Pmedic920
As much as my budget/wife will tolerate.
Actually, I love the JKUR, and looking forward to getting more involved in the Jeep lifestyle/community.
I made a post in the "new guy" forum laying out my plans, short version is, 3.5" lift, 35" tires, bumpers and winch, gears 4;88-5;13, and drive shafts.

My daughter lives in Tyler so i get up that way from time to time.
I've run in to some folks from one of the Katy clubs (down in Houston) at Hidden Falls, and they seemed like a fun group. You should plan a trip to BMRA out in Gilmer when you head north to see your daughter. That park offers a decent variety of trails for stock to heavily modified. If you ever get to Arkansas, the Hot Springs park is really nice too. I'm up in the Fort Worth area myself. Cheers
Old 02-07-2023, 01:17 PM
Dat
JK Freak

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

I go through Gilmer going to our hunting lease just north of mt pleasant, usually not slowing down looking for anything going through north or coming back through going south. May have to look that place up
Old 02-07-2023, 01:27 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

I haven't been in a while, and last time I was there a lot of the things I do there had continued to get much more aggressive with erosion and dudes tearing it up when it's wet, but there's a good bit of easier stuff out there too that are nice trails through the trees. It's certainly worth checking out for something different than national forest roads in east TX. Though there are a few water holes, which just happen everywhere, the emphasis is certainly not on "muddin" or anything. Rocks if you're into em, big obstacles if you're into em, but also a good bit of just generally nice green trails too...or ways around things.
Old 02-08-2023, 04:59 AM
Dat
JK Freak

Received 112 Likes on 99 Posts

Yeah, I’m not into going out looking for mud, the roads and trails on our hunting lease get bad enough, I don’t avoid it, but don’t go looking for it, I like to have a little more control than hit the ruts and gas it, I have a 9000 ramsey, but don’t like to use it while my feet get wet

Quick Reply: East texas