Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Help! I'm in Colorado and Looking at a Used Jeep near the Chicago Area

Old 08-12-2016, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! I'm in Colorado and Looking at a Used Jeep near the Chicago Area

Long story short, I had a 2007 White Jeep Rubicon that I loved. A driver ran a stop sign going 45+mph and t-boned me. Jeep totaled! So now I'm looking for a replacement and found one online. The problem is that it is in Mundelein, IL.

Is there anyone in the area that would be willing to venture into a dealership and check it out for me? I know I'm putting faith and trust in a "group of strangers" but I figure we are all Jeep people and maybe there is a chance it will all work out!

If anyone is available, willing to help or has any advise or a pre-inspection service that they can recommend, I am open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance!!

(PS. Admins: I hope I placed this in the right section, if not, please let me know and/or relocate it)
Old 08-16-2016, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which dealership, or is it a private owner ?
Old 08-16-2016, 06:49 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Get lots of photos of the under side as the rust monsters live there. I have seen year old jeeps with totally rusted parts that come from up there.

Quick Reply: Help! I'm in Colorado and Looking at a Used Jeep near the Chicago Area