Notices
Great Lakes If you live in the Great Lakes area (Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Indiana and Ohio) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

New Chicago Area Jeep Club

Old 04-17-2012, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Chicago Area Jeep Club

Hello, my name is Gene and I live in Melrose Park. I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be any real Jeep clubs in the Chicago area so I was thinking about starting one. I don't know much about starting a club so Im looking for people that would be interested in starting a club with me and helping out. The Hope is to get to meet some more jeep people maybe a BBQ or Off Road trip and some mod parties. I understand the process might start out slow. I was also thinking of starting a facebook group so communication would be better and we could get to know each other somewhat. I was thinking of keeping the club limited to Jeep Wranglers for now but any suggestions are welcome. If anyone one is interested please post hear, pm me or email me at ILJeepClub@gmail.com (working title on club name ). Thanks again hope to hear from you.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Yo neighbor , I'm right by ya! Welcome! What kinda jk u drive? I'm sometimes in the Melrose ares but mainly work in hillside!
Old 04-17-2012, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Howdy. Would you be interested in getting involved with the club? I just started kind of limping my war thru. It's Going t be very laid back. Pm you Facebook contact and I'll send you an invite. My jeep info is attached to my profile

Last edited by cacc50; 04-17-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:54 PM
JK Super Freak

IMO , Why don't u just come out to the suds and grub on the 28th and go from there! u can get to know everyone. Or start off with a wrenching party!
Old 04-17-2012, 11:51 PM
JK Newbie

Sure how do I find out more info? I'm a total n00b at this.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Check out the suds and grub thread somewhere around here, its in downers grove on the 28th! I'm on mobile so I can't copy and paste the thread!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Hello,

well to start off welcome!

I agree with JK fisher I would join in on one of our suds and grubs along with coming to a wrenching party. there is a lot involved with starting a jeep club along money. I personally will never join an "official" jeep club. first off they are meant for new people coming into the jeep world and for people that have never 4 wheeled before in there life or they have friends in the group already that they like to hang out with before hand.

We have a group of people that wheel together and hang out together we call our self (Dirty Delta's) this is not a club of any sorts its just a group of friends with none of the Club Drama that i have seen elsewhere.

come on out April 28th and have a few beers with us it is always a great time!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 06:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome, here is the link to the suds and grub. It should be a great turnout

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...wners-Grove-IL
Old 04-18-2012, 07:55 AM
JK Super Freak

your the best Beau!!!!

Originally Posted by Beau
Welcome, here is the link to the suds and grub. It should be a great turnout

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...wners-Grove-IL
Old 04-18-2012, 08:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by WillyWonka10
Hello,

well to start off welcome!

I agree with JK fisher I would join in on one of our suds and grubs along with coming to a wrenching party. there is a lot involved with starting a jeep club along money. I personally will never join an "official" jeep club. first off they are meant for new people coming into the jeep world and for people that have never 4 wheeled before in there life or they have friends in the group already that they like to hang out with before hand.

We have a group of people that wheel together and hang out together we call our self (Dirty Delta's) this is not a club of any sorts its just a group of friends with none of the Club Drama that i have seen elsewhere.

come on out April 28th and have a few beers with us it is always a great time!!!
I'll give you Drama...Slap Yourself!!!

As for the OP...Meet the guys at the S & G. Best way to meet like-minded JK owners.

Quick Reply: New Chicago Area Jeep Club