Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat

Old 08-16-2008, 07:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
When you mentioned some of the size tires folks were running, I realized someone's been spending money.

Being extremely new to Jeeps and ORV parks, do the trails tend to be loops of, say 5 or 10 miles, or are most "parks" fairly compact with people tending to "stack up" on busy days?
I'm new to ORV parks and that was my first real ride. There were a lot of vehicles that day because Morris Mountain was having something that weekend and it was crowded at times, but from what others with us said (that had been before), most times you can ride all day without seeing anyone. FYI, for reference, I'm running 35's. There's trails for everyone. It's a nice place. I want to check out the on in Gasden also since it's not but a hour to an hour and a half or so from me.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
There were a lot of vehicles that day because Morris Mountain was having something that weekend and it was crowded at times, but from what others with us said (that had been before), most times you can ride all day without seeing anyone. FYI, for reference, I'm running 35's. There's trails for everyone. It's a nice place.
Sounds great.

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
I want to check out the on in Gasden also since it's not but a hour to an hour and a half or so from me.
Mountainside Offroad. Yup, that's on my short list too. Let me know when you guys give it a whirl - maybe can bring some folks from Huntsville over. We've actually talked about "renting" it for a day; I think it's $300, which means we could have the place to ourselves for $25-30 each assuming we have the numbers.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:35 PM
JK Junkie

Mountainside Offroad. Yup, that's on my short list too. Let me know when you guys give it a whirl - maybe can bring some folks from Huntsville over. We've actually talked about "renting" it for a day; I think it's $300, which means we could have the place to ourselves for $25-30 each assuming we have the numbers.
I hear it's a good place. That's not a bad deal at all. Yeah, 10 or so and that's what it cost you any way to run with who knows how many. If you guys plan anything like that and you're short on peaople, let me know and I'll see if I can't help out.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

That looks like some fun!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:00 PM
JK Junkie

Hey In5ane,

Saw a Red Rock 2dr (stock tires/wheels), with JK stickers on the side, driving down University yesterday. There's all kinds of folks from our neck of the woods on this forum. I should have asked them if they were interested in some Rubi tires/wheels.

By the way, Dennis and I are planning a "Lift Kit Install Party" over at his house when my 2.5" Coil Kit arrives within the next 3-4 weeks. Main purpose is to get the lift on, but if we offer free pizza, maybe some folks will drop by and say Hi.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:08 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Denny2565
I'm a little late to the thread, but I live in Madison.
Welcome to the thread!

Last edited by JK-Rubi; 08-19-2008 at 05:11 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:24 PM
JK Junkie

Denny2565,

Congrats on the 100th post!! You're an Enthusiast now.

Attachment 11938
Old 08-19-2008, 09:13 PM
JK Freak

Denny2565,
Congrats on the 100th post!! You're an Enthusiast now.
Thanks, I made a few contributing posts and a few trash posts over the past couple days just to get to 100.

Last edited by Denny2565; 08-19-2008 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:41 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Denny2565
Thanks, I made a few contributing posts and a few trash posts over the past couple days just to get to 100.
Trash posts?? Remember, one man's trash may be another man's treasure!
Old 08-20-2008, 05:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Hey In5ane,

Saw a Red Rock 2dr (stock tires/wheels), with JK stickers on the side, driving down University yesterday. There's all kinds of folks from our neck of the woods on this forum. I should have asked them if they were interested in some Rubi tires/wheels.

By the way, Dennis and I are planning a "Lift Kit Install Party" over at his house when my 2.5" Coil Kit arrives within the next 3-4 weeks. Main purpose is to get the lift on, but if we offer free pizza, maybe some folks will drop by and say Hi.
Guarnatee you it was me you saw. I work at Research Park and often go that direction for lunch.

Quick Reply: Huntsville Alabama / Tennessee Valley Chat