Notices
The South If you live in the Southern States area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Middle Tennessee Chat

Old 09-12-2011, 05:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TN_JK_GA
I live in the Ashland City area. I don't do any off-road. 2WD Yes I said 2WD and it works for me.
So I would be up for a meet I just wouldn't do anyone any good off road.
No reason why you can't come out anyway, just park yours and hop in the passengers seat.

Last edited by slider_68; 09-12-2011 at 05:36 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

So what is everyone's wheel and tire set up? I've been looking lately and the tire prices for my 18 inch factory wheels are horrible. I want to go with a more aggressive tire than the factory Bridgestone AT... was thinking about adding spacers now and when its time for new rubber, then going with some 33s... I don't have a lift... don't really think I need one.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

I'm in Murfreesboro and have a 2008 silver 2 door X with a Tera lex leveling kit, 33" bridgestone destination ,and OR Fab stubby front bumper. Unfortunately I can't make Saturday's either because of work. Hope to meet you all soon!
Old 09-12-2011, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by tcam93
So what is everyone's wheel and tire set up? I've been looking lately and the tire prices for my 18 inch factory wheels are horrible. I want to go with a more aggressive tire than the factory Bridgestone AT... was thinking about adding spacers now and when its time for new rubber, then going with some 33s... I don't have a lift... don't really think I need one.
Were in the same boat. 18" wheels are awful to buy tires for.. the good 33s start at 300 and go up.. for buying the 18" rim!
Old 09-12-2011, 08:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

I decided to downsize rims and went with a 15x8 mb72 with a 35x12.50 MTR. It is a tight fit, but everything clears (just hard to clean the mud out of the back of your wheels). These allowed for a slightly cheaper tire. I really liked the duratrac tire, but it isn't available for a 15" rim as a 35" tire. Maybe when I need to replace mine I will switch. That said, the MTR's have been a great tire. Very aggressive offroad with pretty good street manners.

I got these for discounttire online which is a sponsor here. They were mounted and balanced and delivered in less than 24 hours (with free shipping too!).
Old 09-13-2011, 04:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Infinity
I decided to downsize rims and went with a 15x8 mb72 with a 35x12.50 MTR. It is a tight fit, but everything clears (just hard to clean the mud out of the back of your wheels). These allowed for a slightly cheaper tire. I really liked the duratrac tire, but it isn't available for a 15" rim as a 35" tire. Maybe when I need to replace mine I will switch. That said, the MTR's have been a great tire. Very aggressive offroad with pretty good street manners.

I got these for discounttire online which is a sponsor here. They were mounted and balanced and delivered in less than 24 hours (with free shipping too!).
How did the handling change when going to a smaller rim and a taller sidewall tire?
Old 09-13-2011, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

It wasn't a sports car to begin with and it isn't one now Not too bad though really. I don't like the vehicle to 'lean' too much so I am not cornering too fast, but it handles just fine.

Offroad it is pretty solid, so I am glad I went down.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am in Hendersonville. I go to Wooly's some but mostly to ride quads. Coal Creek is amazing and Turkey Bay is not that far either.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:26 PM
JK Freak

We should have a group from Ga up at coal creek sat/sun. Hope yo see more Jk's up there.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Infinity
It wasn't a sports car to begin with and it isn't one now Not too bad though really. I don't like the vehicle to 'lean' too much so I am not cornering too fast, but it handles just fine.

Offroad it is pretty solid, so I am glad I went down.
Did u loose gas mileage?

Quick Reply: Middle Tennessee Chat