Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Ride 2 Recovery 9/11 American Challenge

Old 02-23-2011, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ride 2 Recovery 9/11 American Challenge

In honor of the 10th anniversary of the 9-11 attacks, a special edition R2R Challenge event will be held. The ride will be 8 days and approximately 500 miles. Participants will include survivors, family members, first responders from 9-11, and wounded heroes from the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the general public. The ride will begin on 9-11-11 from the World Trade Center site and head west to the United 93 Memorial in Shanksville, PA. From there, the participants will head to the finish at the Pentagon Memorial.
One of the biggest concerns of our country is treating the mental and physical issues our troops face upon returning home. We owe them a debt of gratitude and that includes providing them with the best possible treatment and care. The Ride 2 Recovery incorporates cycling as part of that treatment. Cycling has proven to be extremely effective not only in the rehabilitation of physical injuries, but mental injures as well (such as PTSD or TBI). Since its inception, Ride 2 Recovery has helped thousands of veterans, who have in turn ridden thousands of miles.
I am fund raising for R2R because I believe that the survivors, family members, first responders from 9-11, and wounded veterans deserve attention from civilians like me and I believe in R2R’s mission to help the recovery process through bicycling for mental and physical well being. I am honored to be able to give back to those that have given so much on behalf of our country.
Please consider sponsoring me. To sponsor me go to http://www.ride2recovery.com/r2r-sponsor-a-rider.html and enter “Richard Akers” in the Sponsor an Individual area. Alternatively, you can send a check to the R2R/Fitness Challenge Foundation at 23679 Calabasas Rd #420, Calabasas, CA 91302 . Please be sure to indicate my name in the “comments” area of your check.

R2R is a 501c3 nonprofit (tax ID# 20-2252840) and donations are fully tax deductible.

If you have friends, co-workers, or family members that might like to help, please forward this to them. Provide them the opportunity to make a difference and to show their gratitude for the sacrifices our veterans have made.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

There are still 30 spots left to ride in the 9-11 chanllenge. It is limited to 350 riders so if you want to ride, don't wait. This is a great group of people to ride with and a great cause to support. Our wounded veterans and all veterans deserve our support so please help.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ride 2 Recovery has added single day rides to the event. I encourage you to register for one of the 8 days to help support our wounded soldiers. They deserve our support.

Quick Reply: Ride 2 Recovery 9/11 American Challenge