Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Kansas City North of the River Jeepers

Old 03-20-2012, 04:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definately glad to see something closer.

I only have had my Jeep for a little over a year and have done some scouting up in atchison and leavenworth areas. Outside of some sloppy gravel/dirt roads and obscure corn fields there's not a lot of trails. Would love to sit down with some others to see there experiences.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

Default Kci

I am up north & want on the list, count me in.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

I work late on thurs. but should still be able to make it. I think bww is a good idea and there's plenty of parking in that area.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan
I work late on thurs. but should still be able to make it. I think bww is a good idea and there's plenty of parking in that area.
At this point we could move it to Wednesday if that works better. Is the 2nd Wednesday of each month in conflict with anyone's schedule?
Old 03-22-2012, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CHIPPER916

At this point we could move it to Wednesday if that works better. Is the 2nd Wednesday of each month in conflict with anyone's schedule?
I'm still good with thurs, by then I'm definitely ready for a beer and some wings!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

I live in blue springs and would like to join up too. Its not north of the river, but none right around me either that i know of
Old 03-22-2012, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Copperhead47
I live in blue springs and would like to join up too. Its not north of the river, but none right around me either that i know of
Welcome to the group. Anyone is welcome to our group no matter what part of town they are from.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ba...ed=0CBsQngIwAw

Let's go ahead and make our first get together on Wednesday April 11th at about 6:30pm at the Buffalo Wild Wings at Zona Rosa, if you can't be there right at 6:30, just come when you can. Ask for the Northland Jeeper group when you get there. This BWW is roughly at I29 and Barry Road, and the address is 8441 NW Prairie View Road 64153. I have provided a link above for directions.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, and will post a reminder here a few days in advance.

Last edited by CHIPPER916; 04-13-2012 at 04:27 AM.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CHIPPER916
As far as wheeling goes, the closest ORV park to us is Kansas Rocks. Kansas Rocks is just over 2 hours and about 120 miles from anyone in the Kansas City North area. Tuttle Creek ORV park is north of Manhattan Kansas, and is maintained by the Army Corps of Engineers. Tuttle is about 3 hours drive and 170 miles from the Kansas City North area. One of the really nice things about Tuttle is that is open 7 days a week year round. I have only been to Tuttle once, and have been to Kansas Rocks several times. I am probably going to be making a trip or two to Tuttle this year due to my work schedule. The good thing about going during the week is that it is not crowded.
You guys need to look up Middle of Nowhere. It might be a little closer for you. It's new, and I haven't wheeled there yet. If you go to JayKayOh you will find a sticky in the midwest regional forum with a map I made of ALL the ORV parks in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Nebraska.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by H00LIGAN

You guys need to look up Middle of Nowhere. It might be a little closer for you. It's new, and I haven't wheeled there yet. If you go to JayKayOh you will find a sticky in the midwest regional forum with a map I made of ALL the ORV parks in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Nebraska.
I just found out about that place yesterday and looked on their website. It looks like more hunting, camping and trails. Still would be cool to check out but KS rocks was a blast and is worth the drive.

Quick Reply: Kansas City North of the River Jeepers