Notices
Mid-West If you live in the Mid-West area (North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri and Oklahoma) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members in your area and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Kansas City North of the River Jeepers

Old 03-22-2012, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by H00LIGAN
You guys need to look up Middle of Nowhere. It might be a little closer for you. It's new, and I haven't wheeled there yet. If you go to JayKayOh you will find a sticky in the midwest regional forum with a map I made of ALL the ORV parks in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Nebraska.
I hope you are right about them having trails open, but I also went to their website yesterday and it has not been updated in a while, and has nothing about trails. I sent them an e-mail last December, and they responded that they were still working on the trails, and were expecting them to open at the beginning of the year. Maybe it's time for me to contact them again.

Someone in the KCJC had told me that Middle of Nowhere has more mud than rocks, and tends to be flat, but it is fairly close to us Northlanders and would provide us with another option.

I have the doors and roof off the JK right now, and if the weather holds out this Saturday, I might take a drive up that way to check it out.

Dexter Morgan is right about Kansas Rocks, it's a great park, and not too much of a drive to get there.

Last edited by CHIPPER916; 03-22-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The rock is by far the best local place. I saw some pics of a group wheeling at Middle about a month ago. There was also a "viral" video of a guy rolling his JKU off the side of a gulley that made the rounds last month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIm_guUBpGE

Here are another at MoN. Terrain looks identical in both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR4nyJDuop0
Old 03-23-2012, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by H00LIGAN
The rock is by far the best local place. I saw some pics of a group wheeling at Middle about a month ago. There was also a "viral" video of a guy rolling his JKU off the side of a gulley that made the rounds last month.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIm_guUBpGE

Here are another at MoN. Terrain looks identical in both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR4nyJDuop0
It looks as if they have do have something in the way of trails open up there. Maybe I need to look for them on FB. The terrain doesn't look challenging at all, but since it is only a little less than 1.5 hours from me, it might be worth the trip. Should be pretty muddy right now. Thanks for posting the videos.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I called the number for Middle of Nowhere yesterday morning, and received a message that they are on their Winter hours of 4pm to 9pm, not letting that stop me, I drove up there anyway just in case the recording was wrong or I might run in to someone. I must have been thinking of the drive to Trenton when I said they were 1.5 hours from me, because it actually took me a little more than 2 hours to get there. I could have driven to Kansas Rocks in 2.5 hours and spent the day there instead.

When I did get there, I saw no trespassing signs and a sign with the Winter hours on the phone message posted at the entrance. Like their website and Facebook page, there was no mention of 4x4 trails on the sign at the entrance. I hung around for a while, but never saw another person in sight. If nothing else, the weather was great, and it was a nice drive up there. I would not mind going back to see what they have, but only if I know for certain that they have some trails open.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:53 AM
JK Newbie

Hey everybody, glad to see more KC guys making noise. I'm from Shawnee and would like to meet up with
you next time you go to Kansas Rocks.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Berserker
Hey everybody, glad to see more KC guys making noise. I'm from Shawnee and would like to meet up with
you next time you go to Kansas Rocks.
Sounds good, we'll let you know the next time we go down there.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CHIPPER916

Sounds good, we'll let you know the next time we go down there.
Wed still good with everyone at bww? Who can make it?
Old 04-05-2012, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan
Wed still good with everyone at bww? Who can make it?
I'll be there. Let's hear from everyone.

Last edited by CHIPPER916; 04-05-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

We're still on for tomorrow night at 6:30, Zona Rosa BWW.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CHIPPER916
We're still on for tomorrow night at 6:30, Zona Rosa BWW.
My wife and I will will make it. Even if it's just a few of us, it's a start.

Quick Reply: Kansas City North of the River Jeepers