Notices
South Africa If you live in South Africa and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Importing Parts from the US/OZ?

Old 05-10-2011, 02:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Importing Parts from the US/OZ?

Ok so has anyone done this.. Is it worth all the issues, and or is it better to just get Andrew to import it? I have ordered the TD GT Tuner but it will be coming in with a friend that lives in the US. We get paid in USD anyway, so it's cheaper for me to order the small stuff directly and get it delivered by one of my colleagues.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've never experienced any issues importing from the states. You can import yourself or via people like Andrew and Shane.
From experience, don't order small things. I ordered some grab handles, seat covers and an ARB tyre inflator gauge off Quadratec and the tax and shipping equalled the value of the items. So order big so the content makes the shipping worthwhile. If you gonna drop $5000 dollar on a shipment and only pay $700 shipping (pulling figures out of my thumb here) then it's more logical.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:40 PM
JK Newbie

i have orderd many a part from the states! do your home work!! shipping is a killer!! but ask for it to be sent USPS express mail!! just purchases some door sill protectors and all in $225 , about 1500 bucs! duty maybe 150 -200 im happy to pay this,

a word of wisdom!! check buy, be happy! once its here u cant realy send it back and take note , a lot of parts in the US is drive sensitive!!! we are rhd they lhd and some things does not fit!! if u buy make sure it will fit your RHD JEEP!!

Quick Reply: Importing Parts from the US/OZ?