Notices
Silver State If you live in Nevada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Heading To Vegas for the Weekend

Old 11-25-2014, 03:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heading To Vegas for the Weekend

Hi i'm going to be in Las Vegas for the long weekend and looking to see if there are any good trails out there, that ya can recommend, or if there any groups going out this weekend and don't mind someone going with you?
Old 11-29-2014, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

been living here for a while for work. Found some trails that weren't too bad.

Valley of Fire has a trail called bitter springs trail. It's quite long but can be accessed from either side. I would recommend paying for Valley of fire through the regular entrance and browsing some of the places there and entering bitter springs from the back side (167) and heading back out the same. A full run to the 15 fwy would be about 4-5 hours.

Mt Charleston has some random trails. I've found some of them to be really narrow and prone to some trail stripes but it is scenic at spots. Probably great in the winter when it snows.

The other place is a few hours off but you can get to titus canyon in death valley in about 2 hrs from vegas. The trails there are great and some great scenes too.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:39 PM
JK Freak

Next time you come out shoot me a message. I am in a few clubs and take many out when they visit from Cali. I am in NW part of town.

Desert pin stripping is paying to play.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:02 AM
DaK
JK Enthusiast

Nelson is about 40 miles south. Buddy went there last weekend and shot this...hopefully the link will work. Seems like there are some nice waterfalls to climb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oam_qoFgZ0U&feature=em-uploademail

Quick Reply: Heading To Vegas for the Weekend