Notices
Silver State If you live in Nevada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Rocky Road Gap at Red Rock

Old 01-26-2015, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rocky Road Gap at Red Rock

Went hiking yesterday and decided to take / try out Rocky Road Gap on the way out. I read it was a pretty easy trail so I was not expecting it to be as challenging as it was.

Well most of it is easy, just an awesome, very scenic dirt road. Then you get down to the "rock garden" and it changes dramatically. A hummer was following behind me, first big rock it goes over, bammmmm! Dented chrome side steps. He said f that begun to try and do a u-turn. It was probably a 30 point turn because it was so tight there. I could still see him from about half way through the rock garden. Also proud to say that my ACE sliders did their job. I dropped the front passenger side of the Jeep HARD on a pretty big rock. Only damage was to the powder coating. Wish I would have taken pictures, but we were really trying to get out of there before sundown. Took about 3 hours from beginning to end.

If anyone ever wants to go, I'm game!
Old 01-26-2015, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

Nice

I am going to hold you to that offer when I make my way back up to Vegas one weekend.
Old 01-29-2015, 02:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol when i first moved here I drove my grand Cherokee limited through and it was stock. No issues at all as it was nearly a dirt road only. Rock garden was hidden at the time under dirt. Ah how times have changed.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Xodius
lol when i first moved here I drove my grand Cherokee limited through and it was stock. No issues at all as it was nearly a dirt road only. Rock garden was hidden at the time under dirt. Ah how times have changed.
Yeah that is crazy. Pretty insane how much rain changes the terrain out here every year. I've witnessed it myself at Apex, been riding my quad out there since like 06-07ish...
Old 02-15-2015, 09:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rocky Gap is always fun man. Last time we went out there we decided to stay in the wash for a little while compared to the main trail, which is nice if you don't want to try the harder stuff. Makes me want to grab 37s and do it all in the wash.

Quick Reply: Rocky Road Gap at Red Rock