Notices
Last Frontier If you live in Alaska and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Alaska BS thread

Old 08-19-2009, 01:23 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BSing

well, i just traded in my tj like 3 months ago at lithia, and took it to the infamous "creek" and lost my engine allready. luckily my insurence paid for it but I have gotten a snorkel since then. Any suggestions on the best off road shop here?
Old 08-19-2009, 09:02 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by wranglerX09
well, i just traded in my tj like 3 months ago at lithia, and took it to the infamous "creek" and lost my engine allready. luckily my insurence paid for it but I have gotten a snorkel since then. Any suggestions on the best off road shop here?
damn you hydrolocked? I'll tell you what tho, I'll never head back out to Jim Creek again. That silt is murder on a vehicle. One outing and I had to replace my idler pully and my neighbor took his truck out there and the silt destroyed his power steering pump and wheel bearings. What snorkel did you put on? Can't really comment on any of the off-road shops here; I do all my work in my garage and order stuff from the lower 48.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Offroad shops is Anchorage? Show me one that is worth a shit and I will give them my biznezz. Till then I suggest spending your hard earned money on shipping costs.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:18 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the advice. I want to start adding other parts to my jeep, maybe 35 with a BB tara flex but I live in an apartment. I feel like I am at the mercy of the offroad shops here.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:49 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by wranglerX09
Thanks for the advice. I want to start adding other parts to my jeep, maybe 35 with a BB tara flex but I live in an apartment. I feel like I am at the mercy of the offroad shops here.
No way dude. Unless it involves welding, we'll install that stuff at my place. If it involves cutting into a brand new hood, then tonkmaster will be more then happy to make the cut! Other then that, I would suggest not wasting your time and traveling to the local 4x4 shops and just call them for quotes on the items you are looking for and then hit one of the sponsors up here. David at Northridge is pretty good with prices and shit gets here quick.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

wranglerx09, are the guy I bought that reciever rack off of? You have a black 2dr x?

And If you want to work on your rig, falcon and I would be more than happy to lend a hand. Save yourself a few bucks in labor and all you have to pay for is the beer....

Last edited by tonkmaster; 08-19-2009 at 08:14 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ill also be happy to help! Just remember to bring the double sided sticky tape!!

I just ordered my windshield lights and mounting bracket!!

when they show up im going to need some help with the electrical half of the install and ill also need some hand tools for the other half of the install. Oh ill also bring the beer!
Old 08-20-2009, 08:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I smell an install party brewing. Lights and a Snorkel......I may need to buy more shit....
Old 08-20-2009, 09:03 PM
JK Junkie

Might be at someone elses place I'm working day to day with this new house buying crap. Whoever said buying a house is fun needs to be shot. However, if all goes well I might be able to swing a M&G BBQ at the new place before the snow falls....snow doesn't come here till December right?
Old 08-20-2009, 09:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

December my ass This time next month we might see snow

Quick Reply: Alaska BS thread