Notices
Last Frontier If you live in Alaska and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

LED head lights

Old 07-17-2013, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default LED head lights

Anyone have LED headlights, i.e. Trucklights or JW Speakers? I'd like to get the Trucklight but I'm not sure they are optimal for our winters. I don't need headlights in the summer, but more light would be great in the winter.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard the trucklites are not good for cold winters cuz they don't create heat like normal bulbs so ur lights will stay fired up longer. I live in CA there's no snow here and I have the trucklites I love em lots ours light and half the price of the jw speakers

Sent from my dumbphone
Old 07-17-2013, 02:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by r3cluse
Anyone have LED headlights, i.e. Trucklights or JW Speakers? I'd like to get the Trucklight but I'm not sure they are optimal for our winters. I don't need headlights in the summer, but more light would be great in the winter.
I live in the Northeast, so snow is an issue. I love my Truck-Lites but LED headlights don't melt snow and slush. In the winter I wind up swapping out the TLs for the stock headlights with Sylvania SilverStars in them.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have jw speakers and live in New England where we get snow. I have not found the lights to be an issue, sure snow and slush will accumulate during an active weather event but most of the time they are fine. Even when it is actively snowing, the lights are so bright a little snow doesn't really impede light output. For the heck of it, I recently used a hydrophobic wax/sealant on the lens and nothing sticks to them anymore so it will be interesting to see if it keeps snow off them too?
Old 07-18-2013, 07:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, I'm not overly concerned with it actively snowing but the slush and junk that gets kicked up off the roads accumulates with my stock housings. Realistically, I only drive 4 miles to and from work and keep road trips to a minimum, I suppose I could clean them off every time I stop, or before I go.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have TL's and it didn't seem like I had to clear the snow and debris off anymore than usual. JWS do look nice though.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Groovy, thanks!
Old 09-13-2013, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you pull the trigger on the TL yet?
Old 09-13-2013, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Funny you should ask, I talked with James at Northridge today and they're going to arrive on Tuesday next week.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received and installed a few days ago. I'm going to put the D2s in this weekend. I still need to aim them, they're a little high, but holy moly. These lights are amazing. I like the wide spread that I didn't have with the stocks. Or, if I did, I never noticed because they didn't project as much. I'm glad I got these with snow on the ground in Anchorage predicted for Sunday/Monday.

When I first saw them I wasn't crazy about the look outside the Jeep. But I like the dark look in the day, it offsets the silver nicely. I'll take and post pictures this weekend, after I get the D2s in.

Quick Reply: LED head lights