Notices
Down Under If you live in Australia or New Zealand and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Intake Seal?

Old 03-26-2009, 01:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake Seal?

I fournd this thread talking about Cold air intake and it was dealing with a part that I can't order in the states for some reason. Acording to the post this is a stock part on Diesel's and several people in the tread where able to order them and had good feedback but I can't find anywhere to order them. Any ideas and would shipping be astronomical on something like this. the part is like 12 bucks and can't be heavy.

MOPAR inlet seal #53034131AB

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...old+air+diesel

Any ideas on how I could get these from a company Down Under or something similar?
Old 04-06-2009, 04:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Honestly I haven't seen these before - although I haven't got a diesel.

I will pass this onto someone that does have a diesel and get back to you.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nikbass
I fournd this thread talking about Cold air intake and it was dealing with a part that I can't order in the states for some reason. Acording to the post this is a stock part on Diesel's and several people in the tread where able to order them and had good feedback but I can't find anywhere to order them. Any ideas and would shipping be astronomical on something like this. the part is like 12 bucks and can't be heavy.

MOPAR inlet seal #53034131AB

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37415&highlight=cold+air+diesel

Any ideas on how I could get these from a company Down Under or something similar?
Well i've got an Aussie 07 diesel and its not on mine.

Nowdays i've a snorkel (safari brand thro ARB) and i get all the cold air i need from roof height

Cheers
Drew
Old 04-06-2009, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

oops ps if you can find it is available in Oz, i'll happily help get it over to you.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont see that improving things much, but have you tried searching for the part number on your dealers website if they have one? I know the thread that came from is really old, I just searched moparpartsamerica.com and it does come up for $7.07.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:09 AM
JK Freak

Been out of pocket a bit. I contacted several dealers and they say they can't get it because it's "not allowed in the US"

I don't understand that but ....

I don't know that it will help much but for the price it'd be worth a shot I thought but I'm now thinking it's too much trouble

Thanks guys.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Yom
JK Newbie

I wouldnt worry too much about it mate. Its just a bit of foam which helps draw air in from between the hood/quarter panel gap. Its not going to be worth the $$ difference.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:41 AM
JK Freak

I got my ship from Spain. It was 18 or 24 Euros do not recall.
I Did tried to get it from the Dealer here But not for sale in the USA was the answer.

My only concern now is the air flow. No much room left for Air flow once the hood is closed. The parts really seals the air intake from getting hot Air from the Engine compartment.

Quick Reply: Intake Seal?