Notices
European Countries If you live in Europe and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

AEV premium front bumpers - update

Old 02-17-2014, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AEV premium front bumpers - update

Dear all,

as some of you are aware I am importing my JK to the UK.

I have been in touch with several entities to assess if my AEV premium front bumper is considered: 1) road legal, 2) will pass the VOSA/ MOT given the current legislation in place.

So... I have been reading A LOT! Turns out that:

1) if you have a winch installed, then this particular bumper is no longer considered a "bumper with bull bar", but a winch mount bumper, which brings it to a whole different level of discussion. There is a really good thread here with some posts that resume the law. It's under "ScotlandJK", so I will excuse of repeating all over.

2) there is a piece of legislation that states that if any of the European members countries have approved this bumper to be road legal, then the other countries need to accept it. (I know laws... so take it with a grain of salt!). I seems that TUV in Germany has a written document stating that, if you apply a plastic piece that costs 239 Euros then it i sroas legal under TUV regulations.

The piece is produced by Bawarion and I got this info after an email correspondence with the AEV dealer in Germany. Patrick was very kind to answer ALL my questions!

I have now decided I am giving it a try and don't change anything! I will keep you posted about the VOSA/MOT.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:22 AM
JK Newbie

I've been driving all over France and UK (Tunnel or Ferry) with that bumper for the past year........no problems so far. If you were to be 100% legal you could not modify your Jeep......at all.

European laws are quite elastic and many local police forces don't swear by them.....It's a bit up to the officer that does stop you-if it happens- mood, coolness, prayers, finger crossing, smiles, cleanness of modifications and Jeep etc.....
Old 07-07-2014, 02:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Update!

Latest news are that my JK just passed the SUPER MOT that was required to be registered in the UK!

For the record, I didn't change a thing, except the wheels because my AEV Pintlers w/ tires were stucking a bit out.

One more happy roader!!!!!!!
Old 07-07-2014, 03:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Vuck Roger
Latest news are that my JK just passed the SUPER MOT that was required to be registered in the UK!

For the record, I didn't change a thing, except the wheels because my AEV Pintlers w/ tires were stucking a bit out.

One more happy roader!!!!!!!
Congrats
But wait....didn't you have to change the headlights for left-hand traffic?

Quick Reply: AEV premium front bumpers - update