Notices
European Countries If you live in Europe and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Any Euro JKs with LED headlight swaps?

Old 01-08-2014, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Euro JKs with LED headlight swaps?

Like the topic says: are there any Euro JKs that have swapped their headlights or fog lights for full LED ones? I'm mainly interested in the ones that have swap the whole headlight assembly since they seem to illuminate much better. I am also willing to hear about the ones that have only swapped out the bulbs too, since the full light option may not be possible. I'm aware the European headlights are wired differently, and that's why I'm curious on who has done this successfully. Thanks in advance!

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 01-29-2014, 01:39 PM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ReconJeep
Like the topic says: are there any Euro JKs that have swapped their headlights or fog lights for full LED ones? I'm mainly interested in the ones that have swap the whole headlight assembly since they seem to illuminate much better. I am also willing to hear about the ones that have only swapped out the bulbs too, since the full light option may not be possible. I'm aware the European headlights are wired differently, and that's why I'm curious on who has done this successfully. Thanks in advance!

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Got my Stock head lights replaced (after corrosion issues) under warranty with Hella with just the standard bulbs by the dealers 4 yrs ago and noticed a great improvement in both spread & especially full beam.
LED headlamps are way too expensive for what you get in return.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
A shop in France sets up many of his customers JK's with Speakers.........they seem to be happy but from what i've seen With euro standard lights (Hella std reflectors) and PIAA xtremewhite or Phillips vision Plus bulbs I get a better detail definition with less glare!! Add to that when I drive on road in UK Leds are not legal (1 week in 4) and barely so in France and fines stiff!!
Old 03-07-2014, 02:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

That will change soon since many of the high end auto manufacturers are starting to have LED lights all around.

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 03-07-2014, 03:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Truck lite recently came out with an E-marked EU version of their LED headlight
Old 03-07-2014, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crusaderJK
Truck lite recently came out with an E-marked EU version of their LED headlight
Nice! Does anyone know the part number?

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
Old 03-07-2014, 11:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice! Does anyone know the part number?

"Ex Umbris Venimus"
TL/27290C

Truck-Lite Europe

A german seller
Old 03-10-2014, 12:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FrenchJK
Add to that when I drive on road in UK Leds are not legal (1 week in 4) and barely so in France and fines stiff!!
I have JW Speaker 8700 evo's which are RHD and road leagl in the UK. UK dealer sells lots to the Landie crowd.

Just passed my MOT and even have the new LED fogs, but that's because I love the LED's

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1955937488.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	536486Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2455602912.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	536487Click image for larger version

Name:	image-686416459.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	536488

Quick Reply: Any Euro JKs with LED headlight swaps?