Notices
European Countries If you live in Europe and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Check Engine Light after failed 3 key prog.

Old 05-24-2014, 08:11 AM
RLT
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Check Engine Light after failed 3 key prog.

So bought a 3rd key from the dealers part dept ready cut for my 2007 build 2.8CRD RHD
Its a two button key (no panic button) same as the original two supplied
Intructions in owners manual states use of the third panic button on progamming proceedure ?
So did a search for alternatives and tried another method but didn't work, as when tried to start engine cut out.
So now have check engine light on. Checked for codes non thrown up.
So I presume the check engine light is on due to trying to start with an uncorrectly prog. key.
Will the check engine light eventually go out ?
Is there a proceedure to clear this ?

Indeed is it possible to progamme a third (two button key) myself or does it require dealer or locksmith ?
Old 12-27-2014, 11:15 PM
DDB
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RLT
So bought a 3rd key from the dealers part dept ready cut for my 2007 build 2.8CRD RHD
Its a two button key (no panic button) same as the original two supplied
Intructions in owners manual states use of the third panic button on progamming proceedure ?
So did a search for alternatives and tried another method but didn't work, as when tried to start engine cut out.
So now have check engine light on. Checked for codes non thrown up.
So I presume the check engine light is on due to trying to start with an uncorrectly prog. key.
Will the check engine light eventually go out ?
Is there a proceedure to clear this ?

Indeed is it possible to progamme a third (two button key) myself or does it require dealer or locksmith ?
I know this is earlier on in the year but to answer the question in case anybody asks similar, in Europe you have to take it to the dealers, the 'special' programming proc is only valid in the USA

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light after failed 3 key prog.