Notices
Forum Support Please post Jeep questions in the technical forums. If you're new to JK-Forum and have questions on how to post photographs, use the search function for optimal results, modify your signature or profile, resolve issues you might be having logging in or just about anything else including where to find newbie JK FAQ's, this is the place to start!

JK Forum software update! Please post your feedback here.

Old 12-20-2017, 05:09 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

I have noticed that the text in my email alerts, when received on mobile, is very tiny. I have to blow it way up in order to read the alert. I never had that issue previously. I’m using K-9 Mail on android. Maybe it is a specific issue with that app, but it’s really annoying. Is anyone else experiencing this with emails on mobile?
Old 12-20-2017, 05:37 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
I have noticed that the text in my email alerts, when received on mobile, is very tiny. I have to blow it way up in order to read the alert. I never had that issue previously. I’m using K-9 Mail on android. Maybe it is a specific issue with that app, but it’s really annoying. Is anyone else experiencing this with emails on mobile?
Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. My hunch is K-9 email on Android has an issue with our new format, but we'll see what the techs have to say. Thanks!

Bob
Old 12-20-2017, 07:49 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by speedlimit
Thank you. Yes, we have to click through to the thread to see the OP date.

Bob
I know I'm SOL on this one.....but it is by far the biggest drawback for me on this new format. Before you could easily see that a thread might be really old and someone is digging it back up for additional help. Guess I never realized how functional that data was to me until it was no longer there.
Old 12-20-2017, 09:47 AM
IB Staff

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by resharp001
The K-9 app shows text at a normal size for me? See attached pics from K-9 and Google Inbox.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171220-104253.png
Views:	75
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	676638   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171220-103804.png
Views:	86
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	676639  
Old 12-20-2017, 10:04 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by IB Nolan
The K-9 app shows text at a normal size for me? See attached pics from K-9 and Google Inbox.
Thank you. This must be specific to either my Galaxy S6 active or the version of K-9 I'm running. I'll take a closer look. Mine looks like this when I get an email....the body only extends across half the screen, compressing everything very small.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-12-20-12-59-53.png
Views:	75
Size:	513.0 KB
ID:	676640  
Old 12-20-2017, 11:02 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by IB Nolan
I dug in to my settings and unchecked the "fit to screen" option and my alerts look normal now. Thanks for your screenshots.....helped realize it was issue on my end.
The following users liked this post:
IB Nolan (12-20-2017)
Old 12-20-2017, 02:52 PM
IB Staff

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great! We are making notes of all other complaints, including the lack of original post times. Please keep any and all feedback coming!

We have some improvements for file uploads and photo albums coming in the next couple weeks.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:36 AM
Former Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

had a chance this morning to explore the forum using 4 different bowser formats, FireFox, Opera, Explorer Edge & Vivaldi. All of these browsers had one thing in common in relation to how the forum is viewed. Because I was able to see all of the banner ads down the right side of the page, it's clear that placing all of these ads in that location scrunch up my text entry fields and my general view of the forums. Searching archive post reviled the same thing as the dark format the forum use to have was also scrunched up.
It's apparent that the forum needs these ads on their site to help support the site, but placing in an area where it either obstructs the text entry field or gets in the way of a click reference does present challenges. Thus my suggestion would be to locate a more adjustable forum format which doesn't require an HTML system of entering banner ads.
As a last resort, I'm willing to pay to have these ads removed from my screen if necessary, assuming the price is right.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:48 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 91 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by TrailBadger
had a chance this morning to explore the forum using 4 different bowser formats, FireFox, Opera, Explorer Edge & Vivaldi. All of these browsers had one thing in common in relation to how the forum is viewed. Because I was able to see all of the banner ads down the right side of the page, it's clear that placing all of these ads in that location scrunch up my text entry fields and my general view of the forums. Searching archive post reviled the same thing as the dark format the forum use to have was also scrunched up.
It's apparent that the forum needs these ads on their site to help support the site, but placing in an area where it either obstructs the text entry field or gets in the way of a click reference does present challenges. Thus my suggestion would be to locate a more adjustable forum format which doesn't require an HTML system of entering banner ads.
As a last resort, I'm willing to pay to have these ads removed from my screen if necessary, assuming the price is right.
Thank you for taking the time to review the formats. What device are you using to view the site? Desktop,mobile app, default template or tablet? (interested in screen size). That will help the techs research this for us. Thanks.

Bob
Old 02-01-2018, 05:57 AM
Former Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

speedlimit

I sent 2 screen shots to tarpon4me yesterday or was it you I sent these images to? anyway I'm using a small screen but I know you don't want to hear this, but I'm also using adblockerplus as this hides all ads.. except the haynes ad which is what's causing the scrunched up text appearance.

I suggested that this add be positioned somewhere else.. it's same on all browsers. the Haynes ad is scrunching up the text fields as the screen shot shows. In my opinion the screen size settings should be enlarged as to accommodate for the correct sized text fields. In other words, reset the text field as being priority width & height as to force the haynes ad outward or more towards the right. This why when I view the text fields that would be the relative size needed and I can adjust the screen accordingly. The text field should be static while the Haynes ad be allowed to flow along side the text field but not take priory over how wide the text fields are. it's like the Haynes ad is being forced center stage. thus causing the text fields to be scrunched.

Last edited by TrailBadger; 02-01-2018 at 06:02 AM.

Quick Reply: JK Forum software update! Please post your feedback here.